need help telling my friend

jillianglen

Reaction score
Just back from seeing the doctor told him i was pregnant and he was over the moon for me, he had a bigger smile than me lol. He is used to seeing me for my depression but he was so happy for me it made me feel better about telling everyone.
I do still need help telling one of my friends who has been ttc for 3 years same as myself and she has been getting ivf treatment , i know she will be happy but when i tell her she is going to be so upset, i need a nice way to tell her as i dont want to watch her heart break as i tell her its the only thing bringing me down a bit is i fell guilty for getting pregnant:(

Any help would be much appreciated x

I had the same with my best friend she has been trying years had iui and icsi but no luck. I made sure when I told her it was just me and her. I said I needed to tell her something etc and she was happy shed a little tear but I made sure I spoke about her journey. I've not spoken baby to her unless she asked. I've remained sensitive to her situation and am helping her plan her next route of treatment.

I found she was happy for me and reacted better than I thought she would.

I think I'd phone or text and say that I have some really big news and would like to see her asap and tell her in person in the hope that one of the things she might think of as being big news is pregnancy? So that maybe she might be able to prepare herself for the news that it's possibly a baby when she sees you?

xxxxxx

I have to agree with the above make sure that you do it face to face that way you can be there to help her if needs be.

I had to do this with my cousin who had been trying for 9 years, I had been trying for 3 myself and I know how heartbreaking it can be when someone tells you, you feel it right to your core and your heart does physically break or at least feels that way.

Just try to bring her story into it as well :)

Id say go out for a girly day together...go for lunch and sit down and tell her ...be honest and open she would probably be more upset if she thought you felt you couldnt tell her ...she may be a little sad for herself but i bet she will be happy for you ...i would also if she is a good friend maybe give her a special role in babes life ...if she wants to feel included in your pregnancy then you could do that also ...it may take her mind off trying to conceive herself and sometimes when your minds busy it happens

We tried for 10 years before I fell....and my sister and best friend always told me first, a good few days before anyone else so it was like a shared secret. And I have numerous Godchildren :roll: :lol:

She will have her moments of sadness hunny, but I suspect they will be when she is on her own. Tell her calmly and quietly and leave the ball in her court. Chances are she will be over the moon for you and enjoy being close to your LO, I know I was even though I desperately wanted those babies to be mine and I admit to spoiling them all rotten (much to their parents disgust lol.....a drum kit for my nephews 2nd birthday made me feel sooooo much better :))

Aww hunny I feel your pain but I was on the otherwise!
I had just had a mc and my bestest friend told me few weeks later. It was so hard to accept but I was so happy for her. Having a baby is a very special thing and your friend will be upset but she'll come through it and be excited for you.
I had many days of tears and what ifs etc but I was just thrilled for my friend deep down.

I can't wait to tell her in two weeks about our little pickle xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back