Teething - what do you use?

emma_85

Reaction score
Hi all,

My Son has been teething for a few weeks now, I've been able to keep on top of the dribbling and small cries with a teether, anbasol, bonjela and as a last resort calpol.

The last few days he has been crying out using his teether (i think his gums are sore and sensitive) and the anbasol ad bonjela seem to only work temporarily (10 minutes) before he is crying out again.

I popped into boots today and saw a lot of teething products - gels, powders, granules etc... I just wondered what you use and if it's any good. Anything that you can recommend for a 5 month old baby?

Thanks x x x

Bongela, ashton and parsons teething powders and calpol all together normally does the trick! I head anabesol is good too. xx

teething powder, bonjela and calpol! i also bought a gumigem necklace the other day and its arrived today. Going to let isla have a munch on that

Emma x

i use dentinox teething gel that seems to work x

I find dentinox gel the best too. I find calpol does nothing at all, so wen he is really bad, I use nurofen x

im using the nelsons powders! they're really good!!! he's been suffering loads the last few days!!! =(

Today Oz has had bonjella, dentinox, calpol and teething powders (not all at the same time lol) and nothing has worked. He's been a bit grizzly/crying on/off all morning til an hour ago when he started screaming. OMG it breaks my heart, all I could do was cuddle him, he's asleep now and I hope he don't wake crying like his other 2 30 min naps today.

These bloody teeth better come through soon this has been going on since he was 8 weeks old.

xxxxx

I don't know what to suggest as Noa gets grumpy n temperature but he's not that bad. I normally rub his gums with a muslin cloth n he likes that xx

just the same as the other girls hun. my little one has started teething aswel. he really likes his teething ring. something to bit on.
hope bubba is ok xx

my mum suggested this to me yesterday and lo loved it... i broke half a rusk and let him chomp away on it, i think maybe cos their gums feel itchy so it was nice for him to scratch away with the rusk. he didnt actually eat it, just grinded his gums away on it!

today his tooth is poking up just a little more ! its so cute.

I don't know what to suggest as Noa gets grumpy n temperature but he's not that bad. I normally rub his gums with a muslin cloth n he likes that xx

I tried this with a muslin last night after I read this yesterday and he really liked it!

xxx

Cahal loves to sink his gums into a cold wet flannel, he also wears an Amber necklace, I used to be sceptical but he's just cut his 5th tooth absolutely no bother at all!

Is there a trick for getting Bonjela onto the gums? I've not actually managed to get my finger there before Sophia sucks it all off!!

Is there a trick for getting Bonjela onto the gums? I've not actually managed to get my finger there before Sophia sucks it all off!!

I just turn my finger round sideways as it goes in the mouth so it doesn't get licked off off, or wiped onto lips in the process, you could use other hand finger to make the mouth a little wider I guess.

I'm interested in these teathing powders, never used them, what's in them and are they for wiping on gums too?

they help settle the stomach more than anything, we resorted to the anbesol for the last few that have come through and that worked wonders

when alanna was getting her first two calpol was the only thing that worked, this one though bonjela and a dummy has worked fines

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back