• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Teething questions

pinkymum

Reaction score
Can some of you girls tell me some of the symptoms your LO's had/have while teething. Think Emily might be teething early, HV said she could be. Just interested to hear what your LO's have been like

x x x x

Isla has white dots on her gums from 6 weeks old :( so poor thing has had a rough time. She was dribbly, grumpy, and generally not a nice baby. She pulls on her ears now she's older. Teetha powders have helped, along with my gumigems, calpol and cuddles. 6 teeth have come through in 12 weeks. Her first was at 25 weeks (I'm actually trying to make notes in her red book!) not quite sure what I'm saying tbh and whether this is any help to you xx

2 months does seem early but I suppose its possible.

My daughter started at 7 months, dribbling excessively - constantly having to change t.shirts ect due to it. Pulling at her mouth, ears ect. Tossing her head from side to side. Needing dummy/teething ring more than normal, desperate to get something in her mouth to such/chew on.

Paige doesn't have any teeth but she went through a phase about a month ago that I would class as teething. Her dribble just turned to water (rather than saliva thats thicker) and so her tops were drenched so quickly, he seemed more irritable and just didn't seem content, she would wake up upset from her naps (very unusual) and she would try and get her hand in her mouth in a very annoyed way, as if she thought maybe it might help to rub her hands on her gums.

It all sounds like stuff a normal baby would do on any given day but the way she was doing these things was different, so Id say if Emily is acting strange and you can't quite place the reason why after thinking of everything else (its so easy to just blame teething even though they're just having a bad day) then its more than possible! Some babies are born with teeth so its never too early to start it!

Thanks girls, yeah it may not be it's been going on for over a week and she's had her check last week and all is fine. She dribbles, quite a bit of water comes out her mouth sometimes and then other times it's a bit more thick dribble, like drool lol. It's more the way she tries to get her whole fist in her mouth, and chews for dear life, she can't really hold onto things to chew on yet but just chews on anything like my clothes her clothes, her blanket. The dummy is chewed except she loses it all the time lol. I know babies like to explore and I think it's partly that but she does tend to become frustrated when chewing as if it's sore and helping in some way. But I think it's just going to be a slow process, because it's early. Oh she also likes to suck her bottom lip in and it's as if she is rubbing her Tongue over her gums. Not worried about it. But just wanted to hear other experiences. :)

Oh last week I held one of those cold water tethers I'd popped in the fridge the night before and she seemed to like chewing on it. I was at baby sensory yesterday and there was a little boy who'd started teething about Emily's age and had 2 teeth by 4 months, he was 11 months and he was a right wee dribbler lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back