teething question

jennywren

Reaction score
can babies be sick when teething?

Pretty sure orans top 2 pegs are on their way now, but can babies be sick while teething as he is a bit poorly and im not sure if he is ill as well as teething or teething is causing the problem.

This is what he is doing

Dribbling bucket loads (I know this is teething)
Temprature at night (teething)
generally windgy when he is usually so happy (could be teething or being ill)
completly blocked up nose so he cant hardly breathe so have to suck it out using one of them sucker things and tons comes out (maybe a cold, or could be teething)
throwing up his breakfast & dinner (??)
Sleeping for 30-40 minutes every hour - so only awake n hour then needs a nap again (??)

Ummm I aint an expert but I personally think that the teething might be hiding something, maybe worth giving you rdoc or h/v a ring andf discussing it.

From all that I'd just be wondering about the sleeping a lot, but not got lots of experience with teething as yet, I too would maybe go see your GP or give NHS Direct a ring. I really hope he's feeling much happier soon :hug:

The tell-tale signs of teething with Arianna are:

Dribbling (when she was younger)
Cold/Blocked Nose
Pimples on her cheeks
Rosy Cheeks
Nappy Rash
Runny Bum (sorry tmi)
Genrally grouchy and sleepy

sounds like its prob teething then if Arianna gets sleepy as well.

He is so much better today, had a bad night till about 10 when he finally fell asleep on me, I put him in my bed and he slept till 4 am, wa sup till just after 5, then slept till 7. Been doing lots of snot sucking today lol but he is deffo alot happier in himself, his gums are quite white at the top though so im pretty sure its the teeth!

Austin gets really grumpy about 2 days before his teeth come through. Number 6 is going to make an appearance any day now, it's been the worst one so far.

From your list I would be concerned with the sickness and the sleeping, I'd check with your HV to be on the safe side.

From all that I'd just be wondering about the sleeping a lot, but not got lots of experience with teething as yet, I too would maybe go see your GP or give NHS Direct a ring. I really hope he's feeling much happier soon :hug:

The tell-tale signs of teething with Arianna are:

Dribbling (when she was younger)
Cold/Blocked Nose
Pimples on her cheeks
Rosy Cheeks
Nappy Rash
Runny Bum (sorry tmi)
Genrally grouchy and sleepy

sounds like its prob teething then if Arianna gets sleepy as well.

He is so much better today, had a bad night till about 10 when he finally fell asleep on me, I put him in my bed and he slept till 4 am, wa sup till just after 5, then slept till 7. Been doing lots of snot sucking today lol but he is deffo alot happier in himself, his gums are quite white at the top though so im pretty sure its the teeth!

Austin gets really grumpy about 2 days before his teeth come through. Number 6 is going to make an appearance any day now, it's been the worst one so far.

From your list I would be concerned with the sickness and the sleeping, I'd check with your HV to be on the safe side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back