Tristans gums!!

scaredmum2be

Reaction score
I'm guna sound a right horrible nasty mummy and so i should feel this way because i cant seem to help but get frustrated with LO when his gums start playing up. Here i was thinking how easy it would be if lil mans gums were to hurt due to teething when he whines like mad we give him calpol/nurophen however ya spell it. Teething gel and i cant think of what else would shut up his whining i know i sound awful when i put this even OH is struggling cos he doesnt like LO's crying an all day Im trying to sooth his achey gums hes actually cut his tongue with his nail because he shoves his fists in his mouth to somehow help his teeth. I give him teething rings he doesnt bother he slings them away.
I eventually went in another room as OH went out for like 2 hours an here i was stressing my ickle heart all cos OH didnt LO's crying so im left dealing with it. Sometimes i can control to an extent depends on how his gums r. Calpol dont seem to have the same affect like it used to an teething gel does help when he can leave the dummy in his trap with out spitting it out on flinging it out with his hands :eh:.
I feel useless i shoudnt even think the way i feel how stressed i am i thought the teething stage would be easier than i thought i thought id manage his crying when something is wrong.
Sorry i just feel really crap. me mums looking after him tonight as OH cant take much an if i dealt with LO all day id be crying my eyes out like i did this morning so she sed she would help me. I feel like its helped alittle but surely i should be doin everything i can which i feel like im doing is stopping him crying ie hugs an things like that with his gum ache an teething gel i apply that on like 6 times a day. I want one tooth to hurry an come thru but i bet that wont stop the pain would it?
Anyone in the same boat i feel a bad mummy an i bet im the only one in the boat that can seem to do the same thing for the LO. sorry its so long x

teething gel can be applied every20 mins and theres a much stronger teething gel u can get over the counter called anbesol? just have to persevere hun xx

will have to try that anbesol does it work quicker? can i apply that on every 20 mins ?
I know i have to keep purservaying i just feel useless as im already tryin most things. he dont even like cuggles with mummy anymore makes me think he hates me lol. I dont know how other mums r coping to be honest i now understand when people say teething is really hard part an there was me saying he will be alright when he has teething gel an things etc.. lol.
Im not normal am i lol x

Last edited:
yes ur normal... ur only expressing here what most of us think sometimes... maybe not ud have to check the packet but its v good... xx

u cud let him suck on an ice pop?? put ice in his water in his bottle of water so its v cold itll relieve him xx

what kind of ice pop?
what about if i put a flannel wet it an freeze or sumit so that he can chew it kinda thing or dont it make sense? lol x

sounds perfect
u can get calippo ice poles theyre like flavoured water ?? xx

dont panic, thats what were here for , keep trying diff things... the wet flannel frozen is great idea but make sure ur house is warm when doing it so he doesnt get pneumonia lol xx

dont worry hun we all get like that sometimes.
when Joe was younger i used to sit there and cry with him after a while as it does get so draining!
deffo try the ice pop thing as that really helps my son when hes teething.
my son also hates teething rings
you can also get a power you put on there tongue to help teething called 'ashton and parsons' or something like tht, they do it in boots for a few quid for loads of sachets. it really worked with my son.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back