Team Yellow Mums tell me how you did it!

redbear

Reaction score
Me and Hubby have said from the beginning we wouldn't find out what we are having, but as the scan gets closer the temptation is setting in! And to make it worse i told hubby he has to stop me asking but he just said 'if you want to find out you can'..... Deep down i don't but i can picture me going in for the scan and just saying - tell me! So how did other team yellow mums get through the scan??? xxx

Pretty much as soon as I lay down I said to the sonographer that i didnt want to know. And then my mom went and asked her if she could tell and she said she could but shw wasnt going to tell us, because she knew deep down i didnt want to know. She was great, could have killed my mom for putting the temptation there lol xx

Pretty much as soon as I lay down I said to the sonographer that i didnt want to know. And then my mom went and asked her if she could tell and she said she could but shw wasnt going to tell us, because she knew deep down i didnt want to know. She was great, could have killed my mom for putting the temptation there lol xx

My mums coming with us to this one and i know she will be stupid and try ask as well... i may warn her before hand!

Well I took inspiration from my sister who said how wonderful it was when her OH told her what they had when she gave birth and how special is was hearing it from him and not a sonographer. Also she said it made her push harder in labour to get the baby out to find out what it was! We were exactly the same the week before the 20wk scan but on the day just remembered we want the birth to be extra special with not knowing, good luck xxxx

Don't even talk to me lol I didn't find out the whole way through, told them before they scanned me "we don't know what we are having so don't let it slip" :lol: everything went fine and it was easy enough to stay team yellow as I thought the surprise at the end would be so exciting.. At 38 weeks I had a scan, and saw his bits lol I was having some problems so was chuffed everything was ok but a bit miffed I had found out right at the end by accident lol I will be team yellow with every pregnancy I have, it's nice to know and be able to buy pink or blue but I just think that moment will be unreal when you find out you have a son or daughter x x

Last edited:
I wanted to find out with my 1st but couldn't, she was lying in an awkward position but I'm glad I didn't find out. It was amazing giving birth then finding out she was a girl.
With my 2nd I did find out but I wish I didn't now.
Try to be strong if you don't wanna know!

We only stayed team yellow due to my o/h's strength really :blush: I was so tempted but he was adamant so that's how we did it. I would tell the sonographer before they start that you don't want to know the sex. Good luck!!

We decided we didn't want to know so told the sonographer as soon as I laid down and she was really good.

I've heard it gives you more incentive to push at the end and everyone I've spoken to who was team yellow said they were really glad they were.

I want me and OH to be the first to know and then let him break the news to the rest of the family :pompom:

I either want o/h to tell me, or for us to be shown together (depending what end he's at on arrival) lol If he's up with me then we can find out together ;)

Team yellow is by far better I have found out once and been team yellow twice. With my 3rd they put him on me it was a good 1-2mins before we both looked I totally forgot it was all so fast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back