Tax Credits Puzzle - Help!

mandspice

Reaction score
When you work out your tax credit entitlement online it bases it on the previous year's earnings. But this will all be spent by the time I apply - I'll be applying because my income will be about to be reduced and I'll need money for the coming months. Anyone know how it works.....??

Thanks!

They can work it out on you predicted income too. Thats what they did with us anyway when OH went from full time to part time. Your best doing it on the phone rather than online then you can explain your new circumstances.

i spoke to them last week - apparently we have to do it for the previous year first, then once that's been sent back to them, then call them up and fill out forms again but for the predicted income for the next year... bit of a faff, but they're really helpful on the phone :) :)

That's useful info, I'll bear that in mind for when I'm off on maternity leave otherwise we'll be missing out :D

I found them more helpful on the phone as well. We had to claim first based on last year, and got nothing, but then estimated what we would earn this year with working parttime/maternity leave etc and resubmit. IT all happened fairly quickly

They are definately more helpful on the phone, i have had to ring them loads over the past few weeks. My OH isnt working now on medical grounds and it took them ages to sort this out....but we are now in the new financial year and they take last years income into account if it was just ongoing but because you have a change in circumstance they will put your new wage into the equation. Best to ring them asap to inform

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back