TAX CREDITS / 3 YEAR NURSERY GRANT ??

pie&twink

Reaction score
Hi everyone :wave:

My daughter was 3 in June so she's now entitled to the 3 year grant for 15 hours per week, she currently attends a nursery & does 15 hours a week & has done for 2 1/2 years, the grant was taken off this months invoice so it left me with notyhing to pay!! :dance:

The thing is we claim tax credits & they pay for the majority of the nursery fee's (80% i think) Do I need to inform the tax credit people that we are now awarded the 15 hours grant?? I still need to pay for her nursery fee's during holidays as the grant is only paid term-time. Not sure what to do as I wouldn;t beable to sdent her to nursery if I had to pay for term time, do the tax credits just pay the term time?? :?

Anyone else experienced this?

I have no idea hun, but Im glad you asked this question, as I am in the same situation. My son has just started his funded place on 1st september and I hadnt notified tax credits yet cos wasnt sure how it worked with the non term-time. Lets hope somebody knows! :hug:

You will need to let the Tax Credits know about your new changes. The work out your charges on a yearly basis and calculate a weekly figure from there, they should help you at the call centre. If you need any further info please let mw know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back