tax credit and backdating

witter

Reaction score
hi everyone, i rang taxcredit to inform them of my partner moving in and they stopped my single claim and payment and said they would send us a new form.

the form took weeks to come and i sent it back and didnt hear anything for weeks so i rang and was told its being processed but dont worry it will get backdated to the date the single claim ended.

after a couple of weeks i got a small payment into my bank which i couldnt take out as i owed to much. i rang taxcredit a asked why i had not been backdated and he said he would check if i was entitled to anything backdated, he came back on and said yes you should have been backdated 93 days and then said he would have to send it to the backdate team to issue payment.

does anyone know how long this will take??

thanks in advance xxx

Mine only took a couple of weeks but when my partner moved in my payments went down an awful lot and they said i owed them money!!
Hope it doesn't take too long for you :D

its so stupid having to wait like this.......they started my payments and never backdated it so i'm still the same as i owe that much out.
now its been sent to the backdate team to issue payment its a joke ive been waiting long enough for the claim to come through.
i really hope they get it sorted soon xxx

I always thought that I would be backdated from when LO was born, but I only started getting payments from september :( they owe me almost £200! I just dont want to be on hold for another half an hour to get it!

i know they kept telling me when i rang up to see if they had sorted the claim, oh dont worry it will be backdated automatically but it wasnt.
try ring this helpline number 01355359007 it gets you straight through to them and they dont put you on hold xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back