Grrrrrr - Tax Credit "Help" Line

mandspice

Reaction score
I called the tax credit helpline for a first time claim form nearly 4 weeks ago..........3 phonecalls later and I still haven't received it...How are they going to ever get round to paying me the pitiful £21 a week if they can't even send a form out?? When I called to chase again today they said I hadn't passed the security questions so they couldn't even check the status of the form :wall: :wall: !! I called back and apparently passed the security questions the second time and the form "should" be here next week.............do other people have problems with this "help" line..? And how long did your forms/ money take to come?

:wall: :wall: I'm 3 days overdue and stressssssssssed anyway so things like this just annoy me x 1000000...... :( :twisted:

I know I tried callin it the other day and ended up putting it on speaker phone as I was queuing for 50mins, when a hello finally came through my head was on my desk and I was nearly asleep!, I grabbed the phone muttered hello...forgetting who I was calling for her to hang up!

AAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

What do you have to pass a security thing for just to get the form sent out to you? How strange :think: They are only blank forms for you to fill in.

The helpline is a joke tho, all the times i have called it takes forever to get through :wall:

charlie84 said:
What do you have to pass a security thing for just to get the form sent out to you? How strange :think: They are only blank forms for you to fill in.

The helpline is a joke tho, all the times i have called it takes forever to get through :wall:

Yeah, they asked me previous addresses and all sorts.....jobsworths eh. You can't get the forms anywhere now, even at the Inland Revenue, as they're worried about fraud....maybe if the system didn't have so many loopholes they wouldn't get so many fraudulent claims! x

When I called them they sent the forms out about a week later.

mandspice said:
charlie84 said:

Yeah, they asked me previous addresses and all sorts.....jobsworths eh. You can't get the forms anywhere now, even at the Inland Revenue, as they're worried about fraud....maybe if the system didn't have so many loopholes they wouldn't get so many fraudulent claims! x

How strange, i just called mine up and they sent the forms out with no questions asked.

You would think they would weed out the majority of the fraudulant claims when they process the forms, not before you claim :roll:

I cant remember how quickly i got payments through for tax credits tho. It was the Child benefit i had to chase up, applied when Calleigh was a week old and it took till she was 2.5 months for it to come through and that was only because i chased them up.

They have recently introduced the security questions to combat identity fraud. A little tip is to make sure you ring first thing in a morning for an application form as the only issue a certain amount per day so you need to make sure you are one of the first to request one. Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back