ANOTHER annoying tax credit question!! ARGH!!

ERIN84

Reaction score
I officially hate tax credits, they are soo confusing!

I got a review letter and rang up to say I was no longer working 39 hours a week and had gone down to 16. The guy didn't talk like it would make any difference to my claim? Surely it would? No?

Also I said that I was claiming maternity allowance at the time of my claim and would I be entitled to a rebate (I'm sure I've read that you are??) and he said no.

I'm baffled!!!

Im proper confused too!

I've gone from working 35 hours to being on SMP and being made redundant with no income and im now on less than I was getting before!! I've also gone through April, May and June with no payments from them at all! i think this is due to government cuts and changes to eligibility now.

need to call them today as i finally received my pack on Saturday!

Ring them up again, that doesn't sound right. Did the guy put all the changes into the system? Maybe you will see a difference come when you have your regular payment? Perhaps the guy was new and didn't have a clue (I'm a poet and didn't even know it lol)

Are tax credits not based on your previous years income? (I may have totally gotten this wrong..)

Which would mean you wouldn't get a higher amount until next year? I don't know :s x

Ive been putting this off. I might do it tomorrow :/

Ive only have my loan and so Ive actually technically been living off about £6500 this year. Ive been getting £56 a week I think. I think thats about right tbh. Im not expecting anything back.

I'm sure I'll probably get more next year as my earnings for 2011-2012 will be £574.00, I shouldn't complain really as my hubby has a good income. It's just we were getting more efore which is very strange :/

I think once LO gets here we'llbe entitled to working tax credits too, and we've always earned under the minimum cause OH is a student and i was only working part time so I think we'll get the maximum according to the calculator thingy!

If you google tax credit calculator, and put in your details from last year and what you're earning now, it will give you a rough estimate of what you should be getting x

Last edited:
When u gave them ur income details for last year (renewal) did u minus £100 for every week on smp? They won't do this for u,u have to do it yourself. If u was on maternity allowance rather than smp then u disregard all of the benefit.
Eg:if for 26 weeks of last year u was on smp u disregard £2600 of ur earnings-if u was on mat allowance u earnt nothing for the 26 weeks xx

When u gave them ur income details for last year (renewal) did u minus £100 for every week on smp? They won't do this for u,u have to do it yourself. If u was on maternity allowance rather than smp then u disregard all of the benefit.
Eg:if for 26 weeks of last year u was on smp u disregard £2600 of ur earnings-if u was on mat allowance u earnt nothing for the 26 weeks xx

Thanks. I'm waiting on my accountant getting back to me with my income details so will do it then x

I think I've sorted mine now, he didn't say how much we'd get but I think from July we will be getting around £40 a month although that was with them overestimating and not disregarding my Mat Allowance but I don't think it will change our payments majorly. Just got to wait for the stuff to come through to see what they think x

I've just got off phone to them cos they wanted more info re my self employment,then the woman said they didn't need this info??!! But my payments have gone down by £80 a week! Even tho both me and dh earnt less last year than in previous year. Il never understand the stupid system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back