swollen leg

Rheych

Reaction score
last week my left leg swelled up loads, full of water, went to Triage to be checked a couple of days later and they told me off for crossing my legs :roll: Anyway I have put a small pair of heels on today (for the first time in weeks) and it's happened again, foot and leg really swollen, is it just water retention or do I need to mither the m/w again? :lol:

Have you got time to sit with your leg elevated? Maybe do that and see if it goes down but if you are at work etc then it might be worth asking for some 'preventative advice' from midwife

Ooh that doesn't sound nice! I get swollen ankles when I wear heels too long.

My mum also bollocks me every time she sees me for crossing my legs. Drives me mental!

it's so hard, I struggle to not cross my ankles in bed aswell :roll:

going the ozzy tomorrow so willl ask them then :)

keep an eye on it I have really really suffered with swollen feet if you are in work and sit at a desk get a foot rest that you can tilt your feet back and forth on. You need to get them elevated when you can I found the only way to do this was lying on the couch with lots of pillows at the end so that the fluid could move back down make sure your feet/legs are on an angle above your pelvis otherwise it just wont move.

Walk around every hour or so if you can to keep circulation going, keep an eye on it and if both legs swell and one is bigger than the other measure it and go to the docs I had to have a scan for DVt as I was getting throbbing pains all was ok but they need to check it for that and pre-eclampsia.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back