swollen leg after vaccine?

Em78

Reaction score
just wondered if anyones lo has ever had a really swollen leg after a vaccine?

alex had his mmr & pneumococcal booster on monday and the leg he had the booster in was really red, swollen and hot to the touch as of that evening. its no better now and maybe a bit worse as of yesterday.

i know they can get red and swollen where they had a jab but he has never had this with any others and its playing on my mind a bit.

he is totally fine in himself ( in fact considering his molars are all cutting at the mo he has been in a great mood adn running round like a looney :roll: ) and the leg itself doesnt seem to bother him at all. :think:

any advice anyone?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Oh hun, sounds horrid, poor little Alex :( As he's not suffering with any other sypmtons then I expect he'll be fine but if it still hasn't gone down by the end of today i'd take him to the docs tomorrow, better to be safe than sorry.
I would give some Ibruprofen to help reduce the inflammation & apply cool wet cloths to the affected area. :hug:

thats just what the nurse said at nhs direct :lol: sounds like you missed your calling hun!

thought i would call them first and she said its actually a reaction that some babies have when they have a better take up of the vaccine. so basically it means it should work really well on him.

bless he had a swollen leg and one bright red swollen cheek where his new tooth was coming in but he was still happy as larry and his normal cheeky self :roll:

xxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back