Swollen Ankles

MelC2011

Reaction score
Who's suffering with swollen ankles?

I'm 29 weeks tomorrow and my left ankle is really really swollen.
Has been like this for the last week - it goes down overnight and is back really bad the next day.

I saw th midwife last week and she wasn't concerned.

Should I be?

I have a mainly desk job so it's not like I'm standing around all day, yes I get up and about but not all that much xx

Could be water retension keep drinking lots of water

I have beasty cankles!!!

Water retention!
Also have some lovely lookinf sausage fingers and toes too lol

Haha ... pleased it's not just me then!

I honestly feel like someone has stolen my feet and replaced them with real fat feet ... they don't look like mine :( xx

Thats what mine are like. Even with my foot tattoo it still looks alien ahaha!

Ull find some days they will be ok, but spesh with the heat now unfortunately they may be here to stay for the duration!

We cant take water retention tabs either which sucks! Just try in the evenings to prop them up as high as possible. If u have a gym ball ready for end of tri 3 pump it now and they work brill for a foot rest haha! And i normally soak in a bowl of cold water or pop wet flannels on them! Xx

I got bad swollen ankles last time - mixture of the heat and a desk job! Sitting all day makes baby put pressure somewhere that will make feet swelling worse, apparently. Just try and keep them up if you can and do lots of little walks away from your desk xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back