Swollen ankles and cramp

Laura_James&Amber

Reaction score
Hello girls :wave:
Hope your all well (bumps too!) and enjoyed the bank holiday weekend.
For the past 2 days my ankles have been swollen and they ache (they look really fat!) heard this is common in pregnancy but just wondering if anyone else has had this? I thought it was too early for all this yet! lol
Last night I also had cramp in my right leg and it REALLY hurt (i'm a bit of a wimp! :oops: ) it wore off eventually but today my leg is still achey and feels stiff. Is this normal? I've only ever had cramp on the odd occasion and its never left me achey and stiff afterwards.

I had cramp the night before last and it was horrible. OH jumped out of bed and held it straight for me :lol: It was sore all of yesterday. I heard that eating bananas helps prevent cramp because of the potassium (unless I dreamt that!).

I haven't had swollen ankles yet but my feet have swollen, mostly whilst we were on holiday and walking about loads. I would elevate your feet above your heart to help the swelling go down and would mention it to your midwife just to be on the safe side.

:hug: :hug:

I had cramp when I was at the cricket on Saturday but I think was just from sitting in the same position for too long.

My friend had really swollen ankles towards the end of her pregnancy and her MW just told her to sit or lie with her feet elevated and to try and keep them cool.

Oh also I got a tip from a previously pregnant women at work. She recommended the feet and legs cooling spray from Mothercare, I got some before going on holiday and while it didn't help the swelled feet it did make them feel lovely and cool :D

I haven't really had problems with cramp but my trainers felt very tight yesterday and had huge marks where my socks had been when I took them off even though they weren't tight so think the water retention has started hopefully as I have an office job and am sitting down much of the day it wont get too bad my sisters a hairdresser and really suffered!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back