Swollen ankles?

tiaflame

Reaction score
I'm 26 weeks pregnant is it too early to be suffering swollen ankles? I have a sit on my bum desk job and when I get back at night they are so swollen :( xx

I am only 22 weeks and I came home last night and all my calves and ankles were swollen :( Not sure when most people get it? x

hey hun, I'm getting swollen ankles too! same here, i sit at a desk all day. have you tried propping your feet
up on something under the desk? i'm gonna try this next week. my mum says not to wear socks either!!! xxx

There's not enough room under the desk really. I will give that a try I think not wearing socks x x

I suffered with them for about a week, on feet all day too :( went away and now I only get a minor swelling, they said drinking water helps, and it may be coincidence that they are not as bad since I started drinking more...

If it's being caused by the heat and your blood pressure is not raised then compression , DVT or flight socks do help and if your not able to wear during the day just wearing them though the night will help the swelling lessen. If at all possible getting up and walking around alittle now and again is great too if you simply can't though try while sitting for long periods exercising your feet point and flex your toes and make circles with your ankles as this really helps your circulation .
I was suffering awfully last week but the temperature has dropped now and my ankles are going back to more normal again at last .
If your blood pressure is raised (ie shortness of breath, dizziness , chest pain and /or severe exhaustion) you must see a doctor or midwife as it can indicate pre-eclampsia so you should have it checked especially if the swelling includes face and fingers as well as ankles. xx

I'm 17 weeks tomorrow and can't walk currently due to swollen ankles. Am on holiday in Greece at the minute so doesn't make life easy at all but had them before I flew out anyway they have just got worse

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back