Ankles

jld123

Reaction score
Am I supposed to have swollen ankles at my stage? Recently when i get in from work ive got dents where my socks have been once i take them off, i jumped in the bath straight after and my ankles stung where the marks were.

is this too early on? should i be worried?

I think you should mention any swelling to your MW. I think but might be wrong that it can be a sign of pre eclampsia. My MW asked me at my 25 week app if I had any swelling, which fortunately I haven't, so I think it is something they need to know about. If it were me I'd give the MW a call to be on the safe side x

agree u should mention it to ur mw..... may jst be tht u on ur feet a lot do u wear heels to work? On ur feet all day ? xx

I think you should mention any swelling to your MW. I think but might be wrong that it can be a sign of pre eclampsia. My MW asked me at my 25 week app if I had any swelling, which fortunately I haven't, so I think it is something they need to know about. If it were me I'd give the MW a call to be on the safe side x

I agree. My midwife asked me the other day if I had any swelling. I sprained my ankle last April and its been swelling to again but ok apart from that. Maybe call mw hun.
X

thanks ladies, im all worried now. i was hoping for 'oh no its normal' haha. I dont wear heels to work no. i hope everythings ok!

jst get it checked out to be safe hun Good luck x

Sorry didn't mean to worry you and I'm sure it's fine but better to be safe than sorry x

I have had swollen feet and everything it is normal, and it is a sign off pre-eclamsia only if you have other symptoms because when you pregnant majority off you blood is actually water, and this causes fluid retention in the lower part of your body as it has futher to travel, this is what me midwife told me with both my pregancys as at the end off my first my feet where huge lol!!

dont worry yourself, i had it in last pregnancy right through and if its not major swelling with other symptoms then its nothin to worry about, mention it to mw anyway to put your mind at rest but doubt she will b orried, always better to check tho eh! i just blew up right at the end, i looked like i was over inflated! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back