• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

swine flu jab or not?

setdse

Reaction score
There are a lot of stories going around at the moment about impacts having the swine flu jab can have on you and your baby.

What do you all think? Have you had it yet? and if not do you think you will?

There is already a couple of threads about this. It's up to the individual but I had it just before Xmas and I'm glad I did.
X

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i was trying to figure out to do a poll yesterday lol

Yes. I had the flu jab a couple of weeks ago and my son gets the swine flu jab on Friday - as long as they still have some in stock by then :shock:

I wasnt going to get it until the terrible tradgedy with Caroline...it made me think twice and I thought Ok I will get it... But Im back to thinking shall I sharnt I.... Im seeing MW on tues and going to talk to her about it.... I just dont know what to do for the best its really worrying too...all the what if's! xx

Last edited:
Had mine at 16 weeks and baby is curently kicking me to bits bless it lol

i would have it if my doctors would let me! only at risk groups at the minute. god forbid i get ill, i need to be in tip top shape for my Riley Roo!

i had mine done today at my antinatal at the hospital luckly they annonced they was doing them in clinic today no appointment so off i popped /:) saved me sitting in a busy drs waiting room full of ill people lol

I had it last year when I was pregnant and both me and my baby are totally fine. Was in the 1st trimester too, so I think if it couldve done damage it would have. If you get antibodies now, when you breast feed your baby you will pass them on, so youre not just protecting yourself, youre protecting your baby for next winter too :flower: I can understand the anxiety cos it has lots of bad press, but people are having a lot worse reactions to the swine flu virus than the vaccine.

the nurse said antibodies will pass onto the baby so the baby will be immune for its 1st 6 months :) and when i breast feed baby will get more antibodies so im glad i got it done :)

I wasnt going to get it until the terrible tradgedy with Caroline...it made me think twice and I thought Ok I will get it... But Im back to thinking shall I sharnt I.... Im seeing MW on tues and going to talk to her about it.... I just dont know what to do for the best its really worrying too...all the what if's! xx

Sorry to ask but whos caroline and what happened?

Caroline is one of our member's sister; Princess81. She got swine flu and became very ill over christmas. She passed away from it :( Its been a big shock to everyone and a reality check about how serious we should all be taking swine flu.

she was fit and healthy i think she was only 25 too and had no other things that could complicate just shows how serious swine flu has become my neighbour died last week too :(

having been hospitalised with normal flu for 9 days that turned into pneumonia Ive just had the jab as theres no way I want to go through that again!

it's a defo yes from me ! I 've always had a general good health but having to attend midwife appointments in surgery full of sick people ,hospital appointements not to mention our little stay in the maternity ward in the end I really don't want to tempt the devil...

i was nervous taking my boys with me today i kept thinking they are in the worst place possible to catch it grr

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back