Swimming

Lulabell

Reaction score
Planning on taking Joshua swimming or the first time tomoro with daddy down our local pool. Do I need to take anything?x

maybe a baby floty toy to put him in , have fun xxx

Last edited:
Valium lol. I'm petrified of water so swimming lessons will be down to daddy alone, I don't want Bertie to pick up on my fear but I want him to learn

We took the changing mat to put him on when getting changed

I just took E for the first time on sunday. I took a changing mat, 2 swim nappies (in case she needed changing), normal nappy for when we got out, swimming towel for her, change of clothes, seated floatie thing, baby wash for when we got out so I could get the chlorine off her asap.

Right this sounds daft but as little as possible, two baby towels incase of wee wee's and put your costume on under your cloths to go so all you have to do is strip off and then easy cloths to get on so LO isnt left for long because Alice was crying after because we had taken her out! Just make it as fast as you can for you to get dressed and obviously lo dressed!! Have fun!! xx

Agree, with the above, 1st time I took all sorts baby shampoo n.soap lmao, got out and was like god let's just get warm. Also don't expect to be in there for ages,, Charlie only goes in for about half an hour tops! Also time it so its before a feed, and make a bottle just before you go in and keep it in a thermos bag then its there to sooth him if he doesn't like the cold/getting dressed, it stops Charlie crying. I wouldn't worry so much abt floats etc they usually have them there, and I'm glad I didn't as Charlie doesn't like going in the rubber rings, I tested before going to buy his.own so it saved.me 15 quid! Have fun!! X

you can have a 'proper' bath when you get home because i didnt like taking ALice in the shower anyway, the temperature is never right can go to freezing etc. I also wouldnt bother with floatation rings until you have someone else with you because you have to carry it all to the pool hold it still while putting LO in, a lot of hassle and baby will be as well against you anyway for the first time xx

Jack doesn't have much body fat ( no fat rolls at all!) so I won him a baby body warmer by Konfidence from Ebay. He wears it over his all in one swimming suit and a swim nappy. He stays nice and toastie :) Google Konfidence, they're really good x

Ahhh we love swimming, we go to lessons every week. Def take as little as poss, couple of towels, swim nappy, swimming trunks, wipes and a clean nappy. I do take my cheapy pram in the changing rooms to put lo in after. So much easier. I used to take the car seat in with me when he was little, again, just so you have somewhere to put your lo when getting changed xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back