swimming

Krystal

Reaction score
I was just talking to OH and I would really like us to take JT swimming for first time.. he's had first injections etc.. is it ok to take him swimming at local centre or does it have to be special pool? I just remember going when I was younger and it always seemed cold brrrrrrrr

My local pools heat the pool up for special under fives swimming on two days a week. We started off taking Ben then as it was a bit warmer but now we go anytime. He sometimes has a little winge as we get in but once we're in and moving around he loves it

If your worried about baby getting cold in the pool there are wetsuits you can buy for them to keep them warm.

Also most places have a smaller pool that is warmed up for babies and small chidren.

Usually pools have a seperate baby pool which is heated. Jake wears a happy nappy and he can usually stay in for about 20-30 mins at a time. If he starts getting cold we sometimes take him out to dry him off and then take him back in when he is warm again. You can buy happy nappy's, happy nappy wetsuits and baby snug's from the link below.

http://www.splashabout.net/catalog.php? ... category=4

thanks girls.. and i appreciate the link too xx

we take millie swimming hav done since she was about 2 or 3 months so she can get used 2 it. it dont hav 2 b a special pool but its best if u go 2 a baby swim group so theres no splashy kids and stuff 2 frighten them, only other babies )and their parents of course lol)

We've got a Baby Snug in bright pink. We took her swimming for the first time at 12 weeks and she loved it. We've booked on a Water Babies course which starts in 2 weeks time but my husband just couldn't wait, so we found out when the local swimming pool has their under-5s sessions and go then. She's the smallest baby there. We keep her time in the pool to about 15 minutes at the moment and make sure she doesn't get cold. We've discovered she likes the warm shower to wash the chlorine off after swimming too, and also that she really likes a milk snack after swimming. We're not using the floats with her. Me, my brother and sister apparently all went swimming from the age of 6-10 weeks and didn't use swimming floats. We all swam independently from the age of 2 years old.

Gemma & Jake said:
Sweetcheeks24 said:

They are lovely arn't they :D Which colour did you get? Jake has got the fish print happy nappy.

thats the one i wanted to get but oh said no :roll: he liked the navy blue one. :shakehead: i can't wait to take him swimming now

I am looking for the next course of water babies as this one ended in started in October :cry: i think we'll take him Friday for 15 mins and then wait for next course :cheer:

Sweetcheeks24 said:
I am looking for the next course of water babies

Would highly recommend water babies, I have just started taking Evie and she loves it. I like the classes because they are really structured. Well worth the money :D

Joy and ben - do you go to the dursely pool?
i'm from glos too and go there quite often.
I did send a pm but dont know if you got it or not as I have had my PM function disabled.

Thanks for the PM but i can't reply to it.
I can read them if you send me your email address I can reply to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back