Swelling?

Marmite

Reaction score
I just read on the internet that you might get some swelling about 2 weeks before you go into labour, I haven't really experienced any swelling except in the last few days (I am 36+1 now). Do you think its possibly a sign I might go into labour quite early? Or that I have just started to get water retention? My mum seems convinced im going to go early anyway :think:

Are there any other things that could be a sign im going to go early, or is it just not something you can really predict?

with swelling just be careful it's not something else as pre eclampsia starts with that :hug:

Unless you have a show, your waters break or you start having pains there's no real sign you'll go early x

I certainly noticed my feet swelling more nearer his birth - although it was November and I had worn flip flops for most of my pregnancy so I suppose I only noticed it when I put my boots on. My feet were more swollen during the days after his birth!

I had alot of water retention but I think it started at about 24 weeks and went right through, but it did get much worse for the last couple of weeks. I did go early though (39 +1 ) but I've never heard of this being linked. I was aware I was going to go early about 2 days before - up until then I thought being the first I would be late.

midna said:
Everyone thought I would be early I went T + 13 ...but I noticed swelling about your stage just of my ankles thou ...I think thats quite normal ..I think if its sudden swelling of hands and face also you might wanna get checked.

If its just your ankles and slightly on your fingers Im sure its normal my fingers did swell occasionally in the later weeks like 39+ xx

Take care xx
Yeah, ankles and slightly fingers, I mentioned the swelling to my midwife last appointment anyway and she didnt seem concerned at all :)

Marmite said:
I just read on the internet that you might get some swelling about 2 weeks before you go into labour, I haven't really experienced any swelling except in the last few days (I am 36+1 now). Do you think its possibly a sign I might go into labour quite early? Or that I have just started to get water retention? My mum seems convinced im going to go early anyway :think:

Are there any other things that could be a sign im going to go early, or is it just not something you can really predict?

I had swelling on my fingers and ankles... and everyone thought, including myself, that he was gonna be early... However, I was 6 days over! :x

The swelling didnt go down til about 2 months after he was born!

Hope your on time! Good Luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back