Swelling on head.

Bek234

Reaction score
Lg has had this from birth, no forceps or anything used, apparently just caused by how long she was lay in the position in the canal for.
Was referred to the doc and then took pics (the uploaded ones below) then told to come back in 10 days as it should go down on its own. Yesterday we went back and it's got bigger so were being referred to the hospital.... Just waiting for an appt within 2weeks.

It's just fluid, but doc says they should be able to drain it and then they will check the skull.

Just wondering how common this is? And anyone else had to do this? Xx

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373442057.536661.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373442071.859511.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373442083.550945.jpg

Tapatalking. X

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373442038.532990.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373442038.532990.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 46
LG is so cute!

I'm not sure to be honest. When E was 8 weeks we had a check up with the pediatrician who noticed her head size had jumped from the 50th centile to the 98th! So he did an ultrasound on her brain and said there was excess cerebral fluid between the front of her brain and skull. He said that fluid would reabsorb back and that it was nothing to be concerned with as it was more common than thought.
Could it be a similar case for LG?

I hope all will be fine!xxx

Awww, little cutie :)

My little one had a large haematoma and excess fluid / swelling for a good 10 - 14 days - it seemed to take forever to go down and he was in so much pain every time something brushed against it.

It did go down slowly but surely on its own though.

Hope they manage to get your gorgeous little girl sorted asap xx

I have no experience with this, but just wanted to say.....how cute!!! Look how likkle she is! Aww <3

x x x

I have no experience either but I just wanted to add a big fat awwwww, how cute is lg!!

Oh my she's so cute!!

If they've ruled out a problem with the actual skull, I'd think it'd be an easy fix, even if it doesn't drain naturally.

I don't really have anything else to add, just try not to worry.
She is adorable :) xx

Thanks girls :D she is adorable :) but I would be bias lol she's my little beaut!

Anyway, thanks I'm hoping its just a quick drainage and its not going to hurt her. It doesn't bother her at all, but her eye is slightly bloodshot from the pressure.

Hope it's sorted soon! Xx

Tapatalking. X

Aww bek shes so lush!!

Hope they can get it sorted for her! xxxx

My son had this it was called a cephala haematoma,it just went away over time

5am feed and just noticed her heads gone down!! :)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373776073.706898.jpg
Yay!!! Not just my hopeful imagination tho I'm sure xxx

Tapatalking. X

I'd say gone down.

I screen shot the two face-on pics, then zoomed in on the first one to make her head about the same size as the second, then screenshot that, so I had the two pics same size side-by-side. Flicking between the two, I'd say it looks smaller.

Yay :D xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back