Massive Panic

Bee7

Reaction score
So Jack is only 3 weeks old and we've already had our first trip to a&e! Over the weekend i was feeding him and he was fine, he fell asleep on me for an hour or so afterwards and when OH picked him up to put him back in his moses basket, he noticed a horrible, fluidy lump on the back of his head. It actually moved all the way around his head and as awful as it sounds, it made his head feel squidgy like it was caving in.

We both went into panic and took him to hospital. After a lot of prodding and poking we were told that the fluid was harmless and was probably caused by the forceps that were used on him at birth (i had a c-section after failed suction cap and forceps). The docs said there was excess skin on his head and for some reason the fluid between his skull and skin had pooled together in one spot. They said that it wasn't dangerous or causing him any discomfort but i just wondered if anyone else who had a forceps delivery has had any experience of anything similar to this? I just found it strange that the lump appeared so quickly and that surely if it was related to his birth then it would have been there all along? Any advice would be appreciated xx

No experience hun but can well imagine your panic! Hope your blood pressure and baby's lump both return to normal soon xxxxxxxx

I had failed suction cap then forceps with D and we didn't have anything like that. All his marks were gone after a day or so x

Still there. They said it would probably go down after a week or so but it's very unnerving to look at, especially when it moves around his head, yuk!

Hoping it's just a case of something looking much worse than it actually is x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back