sweet potato?

foxymum

Reaction score
got some for Louie at the weekend, but how do i cook them, do i boil them till really mashy?
& what can Louie eat with them? will the potato be dry on its own?
keen to make him proper food now, sorry for all the questions :oops:
thanks girls.

I used to steam mine, but boiling is good if you don't have a steamer
They don't seem to take as long to cook as normal spuds and aren't as starchy so mush down really well to eat on its own

They also freeze very well

Good luck :D

Sweet potato seems more juicy than normal potato's. Takes about 20mins on bottom tier of a steamer where as potato's take 30mins on bottom tier. Ellie likes sweet potato mashed and mixed with baby rice and expressed milk

thanks, any more ideas on what to mix it with as Louie hates baby rice!!
thanks.
i don't have a steamer, so i would boil it as normal then?

Yeah boil it as normal
If it is Louies first 'proper food' i would just leave it at one flavour at a time for now
Then you can mix anything with it, carrots, broccoli cauliflower etc...

I would try mixing a little bit with a bit of baby rice. TBH I don't think baby rice has much flavour but it helps give it a smoother texture, if that makes any sense.

I've done sweet pototoe with apple before for Mia which was nice!

Amy xx

Hi hun, I just recently gave Otis some sweet potato as well, I mixed it in with his Ready Brek. Just boil it for 5min or so - it doesn't take as long as a normal potatoes, Otis loved it. I'm now giving him Ready Brek and peas, think I'll move onto carrots (boiled) next.

Rowan loves sweetpotato and cinnamon :D

Going to try it with apple, sounds nice. I've done parsnip and apple, quite liked that myself :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back