freezing homemade food

foxymum

Reaction score
i'm planning on making a batch of sweet potato & say carrot or something else, for Louie & feezing some in ice cube trays.
how do i do it, do i take it out of the freezer & straight away heat it up for Louie or do i have to wait a bit ?

also how long can i freeze food for i mean in days?
thanks girls, any other help & advise would be fab as i always fed the others with tinned food until they were old enough to have our food :oops:

thanks girlies. :hug:

I have made up some Banana Puree, Apple Puree & Kiwi & Avacado Puree for Harrison and they've been in the freezer for about a week and half now and taste fine still, when its frozen i think they last longer :think:

yeah it does last longer in the freezer, i would say you can make up a months worth and freeze it all. then all you need to do is take out the cubes you want and defrost for a min or so in the microwave then heat it up. if its fish or meat you should heat it to at least 75'c to kill off any bugs. if you freeze the food in cubes you can mix and match meals like apple and pear or carrot and potato...

you can freeze for three months foxy.
stick the food in the ivce cubes and then cover and pop into the freeezer. when you want o use it defrost at room temerature and heat up well.

Thanls for that link Miracle Babe; I have just ordered one. Great idea :D

thanks for that girls! i have just ordered one too, free delivery!!! fantastic, you don't see that very often!
can't wait to use them now, borrowed my friends hand blender, so i'm nearly ready.
:cheer:

I found sweat potato mashes better than is blends. IF that makes any sense.

Nicky_Jones said:
I found sweat potato mashes better than is blends. IF that makes any sense.

ok thanks, i will mash it then.
any ideas on puddings i can make easily & freeze?
thanks.

i freeze all my veg i make up a meal and put it into a little sandwhich box and freeze when i need to use it i put it straight in the microwave, i freeze the meat seperate as it needs to be defrosted and i always forget.

Princess-puddles i didnt think you could freeze banana :?
is it ok? Harley loves banana if so il make up some batches

dionne said:
Princess-puddles i didnt think you could freeze banana :?
is it ok? Harley loves banana if so il make up some batches

I've been freezing it and it tastes fine to me & Harry, I have read conflicting websites though saying its fine & others saying not to. I dont know why you shouldn't freeze banana :think:

foxymum said:
how long can i freeze food for i mean in days?

Found a website & it said:
Foods should keep for the following length of time in the freezer:

Fruit and vegetable 6 months

Fish, chicken and meat 4 months

Purees with milk 4 – 6 weeks

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members