Weaning question

Tiggy26

Reaction score
Hello ladies,

I was wondering how many days you keep your LO on a food you have just introduced before introducing another food?

I tried Antonio on sweet potato and carrot for a lunch time meal and he just spat it out. Ive been trying this sweet potato and carrot for about 3 days now and he still hates it. I was told it can take up to 10 attempts before a baby may begin to except/like a type of food. Problem is, I know he doesnt like the sweet potato and carrot but I cant just not give him anything else to eat instead, so i end up giving him creamy porridge which I know he likes and is the only food he has had prior to this. The other worry I have is that ive read somewhere that indroducing too many foods in one time could increase allergies? And by giving to many foods it is not easy to establish "which" food is causing the problem.

So do I......

1) keep trying with the sweet potato and carrot and every time he doesnt except give him creamy porridge instead?
2) just try potato or carrot on its own rather then mixed?
3) Move onto something different all together?

T xx

I wld either try them seperately, and if still no joy then move on to something different. Have you got any weaning books? I've found the annebel karmel baby & toddler meal planner really useful and still use the recipes for Jenna. Foods we started with were:
baby rice = 2 days
carrot = 2 days
butternut squash = 3 days
parsnip = 2 days
sweet potato = 2 days
Then moved on to stuff like pear, apple, banana, swede. Tried all individually at first and then started mixing & matching. Gradually added 2 new foods a week. We started purees with Jenna at 5 months, and did only fruit and veg for the first month. Then after that we started to introcude chicken, fish and dairy (yogurts, chesse, whole milk in cooking).

I feel that if you keep trying the same stuff and he doesn't like it and then u offer him something he does like then he will learn very quickly how to get the yummy porridge! Keep trying different things, and maybe come back to the sweet potato in a week or 2

HTH

Does he like baby rice? or maybe you could add a little sweet potato to the creamy porrige. then when he likes that maybe add a little more? :think:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back