Sweep tomorrow

Hemera

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've still not popped yet and got my first sweep tomorrow, I know its just meant to be a bit uncomfortable and better if i relax but just wonder how quickly they work if they are going to - will it be same day? and if it doesn't work how soon until they do another one? really don't want to be induced as I've read that can be pretty intense.

Think they say if it works it takes about 24 hours (but don't quote me on that). Not sure how soon they would repeat it if it doesn't work, would assume that probably differs from one hospital to the other anyway.

they say it works within 24-48 hours and works in half of the sweeps done.didnt work for me with my last though.

Good luck for tomorrow. Hope it gets things moving for you xxx

woooop

I've got my sweep tomorrow too - we can be sweep buddies!!

I have a feeling i'm going to be worrying about it all day.

I dont know too much about them, this will be my 1st one. MW did say that they keep doing them untill baby comes, so I presume that means every few days. I'd say around 3/4 days?

I've also heard that if it does send you into labour it will be 24/48 hours later.

I'm planning on going shopping after sweep tomorrow so hope i'm not in too much pain, what time's your appointment at, mines is 11.30

:hug:

when i had my ds 16 years ago i had a sweep friday afternoon the consultant said hed see me in the morning!! and he was right x early hours of the morning and less than 24 hours from sweep i had my son x x

when i had my ds 16 years ago i had a sweep friday afternoon the consultant said hed see me in the morning!! and he was right x early hours of the morning and less than 24 hours from sweep i had my son x x

How far on were you in your pregnancy?

:)

my appointment is 11.50, midwife really put me off at last appointment as she pretty much said they don't work and will just give me cramps but going to give it a go anyway. fingers crossed it works for us both :)

Good luck with them girls :)
Two of my friends had sweeps but neither of them worked :eh: x

good luck girls !!! in the info i was given today bout induction sweeps can take upto 48 hrs to do anything. will have my fingers crossed things go quicker for u !! xxxx

Well Hemera - just popped on to say good luck for today - let us know how you get on!!

I'm a wee bit nervous but not too bad. I'm curious as to what my cervix is like & wether baby is any more engaged.

Going shopping to buy my wee girl a necklace 2moro after the sweep, its for when the baby is born it says....I love you sister. So as long as baby doesn't come before I get the necklace then im ready when he/she is!!

:hug:

Last edited:
My hosp notes say can take 48 hours and they wait a week between the first and second if the first doesnt work.
Best of luck today!

My hosp notes say can take 48 hours and they wait a week between the first and second if the first doesnt work.
Best of luck today!

I'm just getting impatient now! I'm not in pain or that uncomfortable so can easily go another week but I just feel like I'm waiting all day every day! at least with the sweep i'll feel like I'm doing something to get things going but like you Littlemiss83 I'm also really curious to see if my cervix has started to do anything by itself yet.

Good luck sweep-day buddy :)

Do you think there will be any/alot of bleeding? just thinking whether I should pop a pad in my handbag or not.

little miss i was 6 days over due

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannhknite
Back