Sweep tomorrow - nervous

stumpyjoe

Reaction score
The mw is coming to my house tomorrow to do a sweep I'll be one week over my edd. I'm quite nervous as I've never had anything like this before. My sister is coming round for the day with DVDs and snacks to take my mind off it and keep me' company as the husband will be at work until 10 tomorrow night.
I'm nervous about the whole thing - will it hurt? Will it work? Will hubby get home from work ok if I do go into labour? And loads of other silly little things but they are all building up.
Fingers crossed for me' girls, I hope it works but just not too quickly - I want my hubby to be able to get home and be with me.

ahw i hope it all goes ok for u...i never had a sweep in my first pregnancy and from the people who i know who have had one most have said it is a bit uncomfortable but others have said it didn't hurt at all... i;m sue if you are able to just try and relax it will all be over and done with quickly. They tried to do one with me but my cervix were too posterier and completely closed so they couldn't even attempt one.

your sister sounds lovely - what a nice idea to come and have a girly dvd day. i'm sure you will be ok and get hubby there etc if it came to it.. good luck and keep us updated x x x

good luck, i have never had one either but again heard that it can be uncomfortable, but any kind of internal we dont enjoy to be fair.

Good luck,

Hope all goes well and it starts something off!

x x x x

OOOh good luck, can imagine it may be a little uncomfortable as it always is with something sticking their hand up your ladybits, but hopefully it won't be painful! Good luck hun, hope baby comes withing the next few days xxx

Like everyone has said its just uncomfortable but its over and done with in seconds so its nothin 2 worry about, my contractions started 2 hours later but it doesnt work for everyone. good luck. x

Well I had the sweep and yes it was uncomfortable and a little painful but nothing too bad. I've had period type pains ever since but no contractions yet and I've bled a little bit. I'm just very uncomfortable, I doubt I'll sleep tonight. Hopefully this is the start, I certainly hope I'm not gonna feel like this until Saturday.
She said my cervix was soft and that she was able to do the sweep and could get one finger in. Lovely. All good signs if nothing else. So
It's just continuing with the waiting game now just a lot more uncomfortable. Thanks for all the messages ladies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back