not getting my sweep tomorrow now

Manda&Thomas

Reaction score
midwife from the maternity hospital just rang
they are going to be manic tomorrow so unless i can go to them i cant have a sweep done funny how they have no time to come to mine yet have all the time in the world if i can go to them,
i cant get to the hospital tomorrow so i have to wait and hpe that some-one comes out wednesday to do it,
i wont hold my breath as the women thats ment to be sorting it uot was the same one who was ment to send some-one out last-time and never did.
hubby has gone mad he said hes fed up with me being palmed off all the time unless i can work around thier time.
just really upset again now as means i wont be able to ask to be induced on friday if i dont get my sweep till weds evening which means i have to go yet another weekend without my child unless he some-how manages to get out on his own acord
sorry for the rant
manda xx

I think thats disgusting Manda, it sounds like they are really messing you about, its no wonder yore so fed up with everything and being told one thing then another.

Is there no way you could get to the hospital tomorrow? Maybe a neighbour or family friend could take you or would a taxi be an option? If I was local I would gladly take you :hug: :hug: :hug:

Charlie:-) said:
I think thats disgusting Manda, it sounds like they are really messing you about, its no wonder yore so fed up with everything and being told one thing then another.

Is there no way you could get to the hospital tomorrow? Maybe a neighbour or family friend could take you or would a taxi be an option? If I was local I would gladly take you :hug: :hug: :hug:

my dad is away in blackpool for the week and my mothers bloke is away aswell hospital is only a 20 min walk but il never make it there as i cant really walk on my feet due to swelling, we dont have any money for taxi's and that either
im just going to have to hope and pray something will happen, hubby said they want me to go there so then they cant hope that it works right away and then il have to stay there so they dont have to deal with my homebirth
manda xx

awh manda

i know how you feel, doc only did half my sweep today due to unfavourable cervix and induction not until may 7, seems so long away another weekend without baby, we can do it hun...not that long really, just have to try and stick it out
xxx

I agree with baby bee, id be attempting to DIY!!

:hug: hope he manages to make his own way out, you must be fed up now especially if your feet are all swollen

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
Poor you hun...I'm not surprised you re fed up! they shouldn't arrange things then cancel-that's so unfair.

I hope something happns for you soon then you won't need thesweep.
:hug: :hug: :hug:

oh hun! Thats crap :( Get hubby to give you a good session instead, I rekon it works just as well xxx

well i let hubby have a rummage while i was in the bath and he poked something lol not sure what he thinks it might of been my waters but nothing is leaking yet
will keep you updated if anyting should happen although i am doubting it
manda xx

you should be able to feel babies head...its rock hard up there LOL Hope he has stirred something for you :pray: xx

i think you might be right about them trying to avoid a homebirth, they should be more supportive :hug: :hug: :hug:

Aw that's crappy hun, I know you were really looking forward to the sweep tomorrow. They do sound like they are fobbing you off :(

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Tillytots said:
you should be able to feel babies head...its rock hard up there LOL Hope he has stirred something for you :pray: xx

he said something felt hard and round and he could get his finger slightly to one side of the round thing
i wont tell him its the head or he will be like this :shock: :shock: :puke:

nothing to report today lots of backache but nothing new :(
manda xx

yeah thats it!!! Thats whats I can feel :lol: I refrained from telling my OH too.

I got up thinking you would be in labour today hun, lets hope it a premonition :pray: :pray: :pray: xxx

yer lets hope think il spend a morning on my ball see if that helps.
do you know if hunger is a sign im permantly starving had to cook a plate of chips lastnight 2 hours after having dinner which was a huge plate of sketti,meatballs,sauce and shrooms!!!
also have a headache but think its stress :)
manda xx

Aww Im not sure about the hunger thing? I know Im starving all the time too, thats why end up geting up at 5am every morning to do toast :lol: Your headache is prob stress and pressure from all the extra blood and water, Ive had one for a week and a day now, its not bad but niggly and annoying. Its not long for us though hunni, even sooner for you :dance: :dance: I cant wait to see your little man!! xx

Hopefully the hunger is a sign of your body wanting extra calories to give you more strength for the birth :cheer: :cheer:

Hopefully things will get moving soon for you :pray: :pray:

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

midna said:
TBH sweeps are over rated a good sh*g would have the same effect

:shock: Don't say that... I gave in to the puppy dog eyes and desperate cries of "PLLLLLLEEEEEAAASSSSEEEEE........?!?!" last night!

I did (romatically, of course...) tell him afterwards that if he'd broken my waters I'd kill 'im!!

Manda- I hope you get the birth you want :hug: Maybe your hubby has done the trick himself :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back