Surname issue..

Aww hope u get to stay team yellow :)

We all do it.. Can't wait for this and that :)
I've been feeling the kicks for quite a while now as it's my third..bubs is really kicking hard now and OH likes feeling it but gets impatient while waiting for kicks as if it's supposed to kick non stop for him :roll:
Little bugger doesn't stop battering me til he pits his hand there :lol: so if I need to sleep I wake him up and ask him to put his hand on bump haha!!
Enjoy ur time with ur OH while you can and enjoy ur pregnancy you'll miss it!!
With my first two I had no probs at all! This one is a little monkey!!

Mmmmmm I love crumpets!! I had 6 for breakfast the other day lol!!
They are an addiction of mine too with lots of clover and cheese Mmmmm I'm hungry lol!!!

Lisa - if your in the process of divorce you can legally be called by yourmaiden name now. BAnks drivers licence passport everything.
Cosmic - pm me more details ( speicalise in family law)
Jayceemumma - Whatever decision you make will be ok - trust in that! I think I like Thornley-Rose - perhaps OH can change his to Thornley-Rose too??????? xxx

He would never change his name.. Can only ask tho!!

What do u think my chances are in court if they do find my ex and he says no to the name change??

Is your ex awol??? how long since you/kids saw him, when were the children born??? x

Lisa - if your in the process of divorce you can legally be called by yourmaiden name now. BAnks drivers licence passport everything.
Jayceemumma - Whatever decision you make will be ok - trust in that! I think I like Thornley-Rose - perhaps OH can change his to Thornley-Rose too??????? xxx

I didnt know this, the divorce has been put through by the ex and ive just been signing the papers, will i be giving the option to change my name through the divorce or will i have to do it via deed poll?
Thanks for the help x

I didnt know this, the divorce has been put through by the ex and ive just been signing the papers, will i be giving the option to change my name through the divorce or will i have to do it via deed poll?
Thanks for the help x

You dont get an option through proceedings. You can merely do it now! You dont have to do it via deed poll either! options: either go to all places now, show them you b/c and request that its all set up in your maiden name or alternatively wait tuntil decree absolute is granted (end of proceeding) and then take this doc and birth cert to places to get them to change your name. Or if you want it all done and dusted the easiest way, I can draft you a change of name and all you will need to do is get it sworn by an independant soliciotr (costs £7) and bring that with you to change everything xxxx hope this helps

Is your ex awol??? how long since you/kids saw him, when were the children born??? x

The kids last saw him november 2 years ago and not for about 2 years before that. (stupidly gave him a last chance and it failed.. proved he REALLY isnt interested in them as his family wouldnt believe it) my kids were born june 2004 and may 2007
He has made no effort to get in contact with us again.. i made contact with him for the last chance stupidly.. as my eldest wanted a dad around.
We have been thru solicitors (started by me with prohibited steps order and injunction that lasted a yr which ended april 2 yrs ago) and he just ignored the letters. A letter was sent to him to attend the court hearing (county court) in nov last yr but he didnt show up and the judge said he wanted to put it off til he could contact him... but i havent heard anything since :(

What does it prohibit him from doing? The difficulty with this is that leagl aid is only very rarely available for change of name disputs so it may be that you would have to pay for proceedings. Our local Judge would consider your issue favourably I believe - no contact for two years! What you could do - which is what I would do is to get a soliciotor to write to him. Give him 14 days in which to respond in writing with consent or no consent to name change and stating that if no response is received it will be taken as consent as he has raised no objection and then go ahead and change it! I take it that dad is on both childrens b/c so therefore has PR xxxx

Yeah he is unfortunately..

Prohibited steps order so he cant be near the house or school or contact the kids without a solicitor etc
Hes tried kidnapping my eldest and threatened to kill them.. knowing they are all i care about. his obsession was with me, had no feelings for the kids.

I would say you had a very good chance through the Courts. The Judge would be sympathic to the predicament your in esp if your eldest is of the opinion she wants the same surname as younger child. If I were you I would give it a go! If you cant afford a solicitor and Legal aid wont cover - I can help you draft all the forms etc xx

Thank you so much that's very generous of you :D Got me welling up at the thought of all this being finally over it's been such a long struggle! I just want my girls to be able to move on!
Damn pregnancy hormones!! :cry:

Thank you so much!!

Well I am here if and when you need me! We can formulate a plan together as to how to sort this out for you and your girls! xxx

I'm not sure what to suggest as I think it's entirely your choice but I'm going to be using OH's surname for our baby, even though we're not married. We want to get married though.

My mum and dad weren't married when they had me and my brother but they had been together a long time and so my mum gave me and my brother my dad's surname. We were there at their wedding too which was lovely :)

xxx

My issue is with my girls from a diff dad, dont want them to feel even more left out by the naming than they willthis baby has a dad and they dont.. :(

Hi Jayceesmumma have you spoken to the girls about the surname issue? or do you think they are too young. There are so many step/blended families where brothers and sisters have different surnames.

We've spoken about it in a way but not a serious sit down and talk.. Ellie is probably too young to understand properly.. They got a thing going where it's 'team rose' and 'team thornley' when we play.. We have tried to say we are all one team but the acknowledge he is Rose and we are Thornley therefore different 'teams' it's hard to explain lol
It's a good idea to sit and try and talk about it with them but I'm not sure they'll take it 100% seriously. They know the baby is mine and his so they have said Thornley-Rose before so they'll probably stick to that so the baby is part of us both..x

I would think that the 'teams' is seen more of a game, I am sure they know you are all one family and you all love each other no matter who has what surname.

I agree.. They know we are all one family but still know he's not their dad but will be the baby's dad.. My eldest said to him tonight she wants him to marry me so he is their dad properly bless her :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back