sure start mat grant >>

nadine

Reaction score
Hellllooooo every one hope your all well,

well first question, i know the health grant of 190 has been stopped and you can only claim it it you are 25 week at the end of xmas, (for those who didnt know)

but ive also heard that the sure start of 500 may be being changed?? ive rang job center plus up but they say they do not know anything as yet?

ive heard its being changed in April 11, an you have to be 29week to claim, dose anyone know the exact date in April,

ive heard if its your 1st child and you are entilted to it you still get it but if its your second child + you wont if you are not 29 weeks by April,

anyone know the details or is it that tehy arent none as yet x x x

it says under it mothers that are already pregnant should not be effected?? they dont half make it hard work

thanks hunni for the link x x

yeah but dont know what they mean by that and the budget was out a bit back now so does it aplly to people that wasnt pregnant by the time the budget came out if you get what i mean

i put in for my 190 grant just waiting for it to go through now thou sent it me back cos they need my bank details again grrr but now just a waiting game gonna check it tomoz

i wont be able to apply for that will i? im due may 25th - have no clue about this! x

You cant get the £190 grant if your due after april. But im not sure about the £500 as ive never heard of this x

My midwife told me she will still fill in the forms for me anyway, she said no harm in trying i have no idea wether I am entitled to the £500 one midwife said I might be as we on a low income. The £190 one she said i miss out by 1 day but according to other peeps I still get it with a due date of 17th april so the worst they can say is no.

if they say the cut of date its 5th april 11, then any one with due date b4 july 2011 should get it on 2nd 3rd children ect

if its your first child and your on a low income you get it anyway, this is the 500 sure start grant

---------------------

you see this is my second child and im due 9th july i think, if the cut of point is 5th April n u have to be 29 weeks b4 u can apply it means i miss out of by 1/2 weeks as ill only be 27/28 weeks, ifthats the case im going to be vextttttttted boohooo

The £500 grant you have to be on benefits as far as i know, i.e.- income support allowance, income based employment and support allowance, income based jobseekers

if that helps anyone?

seems like i would be better off quitting my job having sma and applying for this! hate how theres no benefits to working these days! x

cherelle - i started a thread about this, its been closed now, but im totally with you on that, i cant get the bloody allowance as far as im aware as i recieve no benefits! so wrong. x

if your on low income after the baby is born claim your child tax credit and if you get over a certain amount claim then for the £500 sure start maternity grant you have up to 3 months after the baby is born to claim it and for people that are already recieving the benefits that the say you need to qualify for the grant i suggest you have the forms ready so you can claim as soon as you reach 29 weeks
from what i can gather for people on their 2nd or more babies they say you wont get it after the april changes come in to place but if you reach 29 weeks before these changes take place and get you forms in on time i can see why you shouldnt be able to recieve it

all 1st time mums on benefits or low incomes do qualify some will just have to wait to get their tax credit award before they can claim so dont delay in sending in your forms and registering you baby ect you cant claim for anything for the baby ie child benefit child tax credits until you have regisstered your baby

hope this helps

Who is eligible?

You can get a Sure Start Maternity Grant if you or your partner receive any of the following:
  • Income Support
  • income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
  • income-related Employment and Support Allowance
  • Pension Credit
  • Child Tax Credit at a rate higher than the family element (over £545 ayear at the mo)
  • Working Tax Credit where a disability or severe disability element is included in the award

and if one of the following applies to you:
  • you or your partner are pregnant and expecting a baby within 11 weeks or have given birth within the last three months
  • you or your partner have adopted a child, or in certain circumstances have been granted a residence order for a child, within the last three months and the child is less than one year old
  • you and your husband or wife have been granted a parental order for a surrogate birth within the last three months
  • you or your partner are getting benefit for a dependant under the age of 20 who is pregnant and expecting a baby within 11 weeks or has given birth within the last three months
The term partner is used here to mean:
  • a person you are married to or a person you live with as if you are married to them, or
  • a civil partner or a person you live with as if you are civil partners

The grant should be given to "all" , working or not working. I have the same opinions as most of you about people who have never worked (bcos they havent/dont want to),junkies,alkies,etc that they shouldnt get any help as mostly all of them have chosen that life. Same with the women who have baby after baby just to keep getting benefits and as much money as they can without actually doing anything to deserve it, they shouldnt be allowed to have money but at the same time, the children they are bringing/have brought into this world havent made that choice, and need the money to be able to survive, these sorts of women should be steralised without being given the option as far as i'm concerned !!

I mean look at the woman who was in the newspaper last month or maybe month before, pregnant with her 11th child and the GOVERNMENT have made TWO decent houses into one and forked the bill for her and her kids !!! She gets something like £30,000 on benefits a year so far for her 10 children as it is !! It's absolutely disgusting in my eyes.

I mean my sister who has worked since she was 14 (she is now 32), never ever been without a job and worked for what she has and wants, has struggled to have a family, finally, she got IVF treatment and is now pregnant with her first child, which is due in february about a week after mine. She is a paramedic and has seen people like those i'm talking about, junkie's with kids that they dont even want, junkies having kids who are addicted to heroin when they are born bcos of there mother,etc and she was getting made to wait on the IVF list for over 6 years and then you get people like those one's who are spitting kids out here there and everywhere and get treated better!! Its absolutely appalling x

this is going to cause ruption on this forum i think when these sorta threads go up i think mods should lock them an answer them then some people wont feel discriminated or feel like there worth lyk shit coz the claim benifits as this what happens when people post stuff talking about other people some people on benifits that cant work might feel like there being picked on i for one is getting sick off people on benifits or getting stones thrown at them if your not happy with the system take it up with the local mp or even write a letter to the pm im really sick of seein posts about people on benifit i look at these threads think i could offer some advice i need to but then threads like this gets mistreated and thrown off course and not about what it should be i feel sorry for the people that ask for advice then the thread get abuse in about other people this person is asking about ssmg it should stay at that and not bitching about people on benifits i like to read what other people say about diffrent things but some of it may help me but when people start bitching about other people it should stop and they should get on with there own lifes and not worry about other people offering advice is good and helpful but this one is just going off course again back to whats being sed

anyways sorry about the rant but i personally feel targeted a im one of the persons on benifits not coz i want to be but coz i have no choice at the mo. ive worked out ill be 29 weeks in feb so i just make it for the ssmg but miss out on the 190 hipg but ive worked out if i get ssmg it would go on this new baby and finishing on my flat to. if you count to 29 weeks youll be able to work out if you are eligible for it.

im so sorry about the rant but i would like to be in a forum that is friendly and no judgement on different people there are some nice people on here and i would like to get to know them better

this is going to cause ruption on this forum i think when these sorta threads go up i think mods should lock them an answer them then some people wont feel discriminated or feel like there worth lyk shit coz the claim benifits as this what happens when people post stuff talking about other people some people on benifits that cant work might feel like there being picked on i for one is getting sick off people on benifits or getting stones thrown at them if your not happy with the system take it up with the local mp or even write a letter to the pm im really sick of seein posts about people on benifit i look at these threads think i could offer some advice i need to but then threads like this gets mistreated and thrown off course and not about what it should be i feel sorry for the people that ask for advice then the thread get abuse in about other people this person is asking about ssmg it should stay at that and not bitching about people on benifits i like to read what other people say about diffrent things but some of it may help me but when people start bitching about other people it should stop and they should get on with there own lifes and not worry about other people offering advice is good and helpful but this one is just going off course again back to whats being sed

anyways sorry about the rant but i personally feel targeted a im one of the persons on benifits not coz i want to be but coz i have no choice at the mo. ive worked out ill be 29 weeks in feb so i just make it for the ssmg but miss out on the 190 hipg but ive worked out if i get ssmg it would go on this new baby and finishing on my flat to. if you count to 29 weeks youll be able to work out if you are eligible for it.

im so sorry about the rant but i would like to be in a forum that is friendly and no judgement on different people there are some nice people on here and i would like to get to know them better

hiya hun dont take it personally im too on benefits but i know i have my reasons also but i can understand where the people who are working come from too i dont think i have seen anyone having digs at people on this thread someone just asked about the grants which are pregnancy related so dont take it to heart i know its hard but so long as your on the benefits for the right reasons and not abusing the system you have nothing to feel bad about :)

aw i know what you are saying emmaandamyleigh but as above dont take it to heart,

ive worked in an family solicitors for 10 years were i see a great manner of things, ''junkies an alkies'' (nicely put)who are pregnant and have children ect but you know what i wouldnt change the system...............some people see things one way an dont look in to it more because they dont have to coz there not exsposed to it, alot of these girls have had very bad lifes and im not sayin all but i am say alot...........n if we took away there help then it wouldnt be the woman that suffer as most are in the wrong frame of mind it would be the babys/children n i would never want a child to suffer,

also other people who havnt found them self in situations of difficulty find it hard to understand that there are different degrees an reason people may or may not be on benifits, n i just hope they never find them selfs in a position, yes the stuff you read in the paper or may see on a program is shocking but then it is going to be other wise you wouldnt read it or watch it lol but that just a very small amount of people out there that abuse the system, and you get these people with every thing, rant over,

boohoooooo i miss out on the ssmg by a week or some thing haha just my luck

I am on benefits due to unforseen circumstances, i put in my forms for £190 and the £500. I got a letter back today about £500 and I was declined due to not being on income based benefits. I am on contribution based benefits. I now cannot get the £500 untill my baby is here and even then, i have to apply for child tax credits first, see if i'm entitled to them and then wait for a decision about that, and then re-apply for £500 grant. You only get 3 months from the day your baby is born to sort this out. I am still waiting to hear about £190 grant x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back