£190 Free Grant - Claim Yours Now!!!

Leana

Reaction score
Hello,

A while ago one of you VERY nice ladies alerted me to the fact that there is a new grant available to ALL pregnant women as of April this year.

This grant has now all been approved and you can claim now! (But its the Government so please don't expect any money until May!).

A few details:
The idea is for it to help finance a healthy eating regime
It is available to ALL pregnant women, irrispective of your income/benefits
Its a one off payment/grant paid into your bank account

Conditions:
You must be 25 weeks + pregnant
Your due date must be after 6 April 2009
You have been given health advice from a Midwife/Doctor during pregnancy

How to claim:
You can claim now in advance of its introduction in April
You need to obtain a form from the Midwife/Doctor who will need to complete their part

My Advice:
My Midwife knew nothing about this new grant and they need to request the forms from the Government in order for you to claim! Tell your Doctor/Midwife/Health Advisor asap and don't miss out! Also tell all other pregnant women you know who are due after April 6th!

More information can be found at www.hmrc.gov.uk/hipg

I hope this is of help to you all

Leana x
24 + 3
Team Pink

Do you have to be 25 weeks to apply or do you apply now and not get it til you're 25 weeks... :think:

Thanks great bit of advice. I'll ask my midwife next week at my 1st appointment!

You have to be 25 wks + pregnant before you can claim. :) :hug:

Yay! At last some more information about the grant. :cheer: Dunno why they think it is only necessary to eat healthily from 25 weeks though... surely they should be encouraging us to do so the whole way through? :think: Ah well it's free cash and I'm not going to say no :lol:

damn it.. i got all excited then! Im too late for that one! Not sure it will ensure a healthy eating regime though, i'm quite surprised the government have decided to do that. Still, will certainly help you ladies. :)

Claire x

Oh my OH told me about this...thanx for reminding me :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

I saw this earlier and I think its fab! Do you think you can still get it if you are entitled to the £500 maternity grant though?

Kate I belive that you can get it regardless of all other income/benefit entitlements so I guess so - but if you want to double check the website has a helpline phone number on it, try giving them a call!

:)

I wouldn't have had a clue about this, so HUGE thanks for the info!!

I've just looked at the website - you can ask it to send a text reminder to claim at 25 weeks! How cool is that?!! :dance: (not that I'm likely to forget I'm 25wks but will defo forget there's free cash I can claim!).

awesome thanks so much for this!

I have also heard that you can claim child benefit from the 28th week of pregnancy as of April 2009 as well. saw it in the budget I think maybe worth googling.

firstangel said:
I have also heard that you can claim child benefit from the 28th week of pregnancy as of April 2009 as well. saw it in the budget I think maybe worth googling.

Am googling my a** off but with no avail. The benefit for the first child raises to £20per week but nowt about them paying early. :think:

Spoke to my mid wife about the Health in Pregnancy grant today. She'd hadn't heard of it so I called the helpline (as the website says). I was told they only deal with mid wives and doctors, it's them who need to call up.

So, make sure you take the helpline number with you when you ask your doctor or mid wife about it. :)

Quote from here: How to Claim:
Where to get the claim form
Your midwife or doctor will give you a Health in Pregnancy Grant claim form. This will usually be at your next ante-natal appointment after your 25th week of pregnancy. They will need to complete their parts of the form and sign and date their part of the claim form before giving it to you. If your midwife or doctor does not have a claim form please call the Health in Pregnancy Grant Helpline on Tel 0845 366 7885.

And yay about ChB!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back