Sure start maternity grant

missxkatie

Reaction score
Hey girls, had so many arguements with benefits people because they dont help AT ALL. My partner Paul is a self employed roofer. At the moment I have a small lil 12 1/2 hr cleaning job at nights. He brings home round about £250-£270 a week after tax. Jobcentre said we are not entitled to the grant because he is working. Just wondering if anyone who was working/self employed recieved this grant?

Do you get tax credits? I thought you could get it if you got tax credits and earned under a certain amount? :think:

i would also be interested in knowing what you are entitled to prior to and after the birth, if both parents are self employed.

i dont work hubby works as a roofer and even though i dont work i cant claim any benifits at all because hubby does work
so i have to wait till after the baby is born to get anything
manda xx

Although I only work part time, combined we earn too much to be entitled to the maternity grant. Shame, that would have bought my Quinny Buzz :lol:

im self emplyed, but as we receive the higher rate of tax credits were getting it.

i think going by what your OH earns after tax etc, and expenses i take it? hes probably earning too much, he need to fiddle his books and earn less :wink:

what do they mean by higher rate anyway? Is it above a certain amount?

i think its some thing like 500 approx is the basic rate, and any thing over is higher. i will look on google, i found a site some where when i was trying to figure it all out that iexplained it well

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back