Benefits Question...

tillzy69

Reaction score
I'm currently receiving ESA due to the hyperemesis and finished work September 13th (was a 3 month contract and started 1st June). I was just wondering if anyone knows if I will stay on ESA up until the baby is born and then what benefits I am entitled too?? I'm constantly on directgov but i'm struggling to find out what i'm entitled to already being on ESA and not being eligible for Mat Allowance??

Not sure hun, sorry. If you're low income i'm pretty sure you'd be entitled to income support, tax credits (if you're planning to go back to work?) and child benefit - everyone gets that. I think the best thing you could do would be to arrange an appointment at your local job centre or citizens advice. I've tackled the direct.gov website quite a few times and it can get really confusing. Sometimes it's just easier to speak to an actual person lol. Good luck x

Yeah thats how I feel I keep reading it but it doesn't seem to make sense lol. Think I will make an appointment like you said and ask coz I wanted to make sure I get all this sorted before LO is due!

i had to ring them up last week to register change of address, and told them i was pregnant too, didnt know if they needed to know or not. anyway, they told me to go to my local jobcentre and talk about it with them.

im on ESA too, although they just sent me a letter saying my payment has been reduced, i was like, WTF!?
lol

anyway, yes, jobcentre.
:)
hope it gets sorted
x

If your medically fit for work, except for general pregnancy I would asusme you'd get JSA or a different benefit.

i had to ring them up last week to register change of address, and told them i was pregnant too, didnt know if they needed to know or not. anyway, they told me to go to my local jobcentre and talk about it with them.

im on ESA too, although they just sent me a letter saying my payment has been reduced, i was like, WTF!?
lol

anyway, yes, jobcentre.
:)
hope it gets sorted
x

Have you been down there yet? How comes they reduced your payments? Its so out of order as if what they give us isn't small change as it is! Not our fault we can't work atm!!

i havnt been well enough to get down there yet. but going to soon.

i dont know why they reduced it, maybe something to do with the area i moved to (London to Easbourne)

i would work if i could! its just unfair, i suppose they are extra careful because of all these people doing fraud and stuff, claiming when they dont need it. annoys the crap out of me!

have you managed to get down to the jobcentre yet? if i get there before you, ill let you know!
x

i havnt been well enough to get down there yet. but going to soon.

i dont know why they reduced it, maybe something to do with the area i moved to (London to Easbourne)

i would work if i could! its just unfair, i suppose they are extra careful because of all these people doing fraud and stuff, claiming when they dont need it. annoys the crap out of me!

have you managed to get down to the jobcentre yet? if i get there before you, ill let you know!
x

Haven't been yet i've been up my mums for xmas only just got home today! Going to give them a call tomorrow and see if I can sort this out. I know im the same I would work if I could but still unable too :( Hopefully it'll all be sorted soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back