Sugar

Rosieroo

Reaction score
I know there are recommended limits of salt for a baby, but is there for sugar? Am confused over whether Ella has too many yoghurts etc.

Hmm dunno about sugar :think:

I think the good outways the bad though with Yogurts

now if you had said you were giving her Jam filled dough nuts with sprinkles :D

There is no limit as I guess it's common sense really, no long term damage can come from sugar like it can salt, as long as you brush her teeth it's fine.

Brody eats a lot of yogurts too 3-4 a day :)

edited cos I found a link which I put on the next page, explaining risks of too much sugar.

Kina said:
I know there are recommended limits of salt for a baby, but is there for sugar? Am confused over whether Ella has too many yoghurts etc.

Kina, do you give Ella greek yoghurt? Oscar eats plain yoghurt. I think the flavoured yoghurts have quite a lot of sugar.... correct me if I'm wrong!

Emilia xx

She has the little petit filour or munch bunch ones. Think they've got around 12g of sugar per 100g and sometimes she has a couple a day.

I'm off to tesco this morning so will get her some more greek yoghurt. Only thing is it goes off so quickly after opening, guess I'll just have to get the smaller sizes :)

Hi

i was wondering this too Kiara dont get much stuff with sugar in it .but was curious
Katrina

when is it safe for babies to get more salt? just wondered

Kina i like to make Charlie flavoured yogs, with greek yoghurt and fresh fruit, like stewed apple or fresh rasps! Gorgeous!
I got some greek yoghurts the other week, i noticed on the back they had pro biotics in them. I didnt give them to Charlie as im totally unsure if they are allowed them? Any one know?

hels said:
Kina i like to make Charlie flavoured yogs, with greek yoghurt and fresh fruit, like stewed apple or fresh rasps! Gorgeous!
I got some greek yoghurts the other week, i noticed on the back they had pro biotics in them. I didnt give them to Charlie as im totally unsure if they are allowed them? Any one know?

As far as I know Hels, It's fine! It encourages good health in our bowels - nothing distructive or damaging! Oscar's greek yoggie has it too.

Emilia xx

I give Damien the puree'd fruit pots as he isn't a massive fan of yoghurts, could be an idea to change it around every now and again? I'm sure they only have the natural sugars in too.

im sure sugar is fine the only thing is to much can cause worms.

dionne said:
im sure sugar is fine the only thing is to much can cause worms.

Nothing can cause worms except worm-eggs, which mainly come from undercooked pork.
Parasites do like sugar...but aren't caused by them as such.

hahaha i just came back on here to delete it as i checked it in google and im wrong!!!!!

my mum was lying to me then.

when ever i ate sweets to much she used to say "YOU WILL GET WORMS"
and when i used to put to much sugar on my cereal

iv had worms before :oops: :oops: it was horrid and so anoying i never got a wink of sleep :(

must be that to much sugar can feed the worms then :?

omg cant believe iv just told the world iv had worms :lol:

if sugar is not a problem how come alot of people dont like to give their child rusks?

a few people have said "you shouldnt give Harley them they have so much sugar"

dionne said:
if sugar is not a problem how come alot of people dont like to give their child rusks?

I think sugar's only bad cos it can cause tooth decay. As long as you clean baba's teeth its ok in moderation :D

dionne said:

I think it's just a personal thing, Brody has the odd biscuit now and again...there's sugar in so many things...but some forms of it are supposed to be worse than others.

I've found this link

One of sugar's major drawbacks is that it raises the insulin level, which inhibits the release of growth hormones, which in turn depresses the immune system. This is not something you want to take place if you want to avoid disease.

I think in moderation sugar is fine, but be wary of giving too much. I give Brody the reduced sugar rusks, but the old normal rusk isn't gonna hurt Harley don't worry :)

Ha, when I was younger I always dipped my finger in sugar and mum said, you better not do that or you'll get worms!! I believed her, I still thought it was true until I read this.

Isn't the worms u get from undercooked pork etc tape worms? They are different to the sugar worms lol? :rotfl:

I read that the normal rusks have as much sugar in them as a doughnut :shock: I love them aswell so have missed not buying them in ;)

I told my little nephew the other day he would get worms after he put about three spoons of sugar on his wheatabix...... (talblespoons) :rotfl: He believed me.

Katie has lots of yogurts too, but I put "Canderal" in her porridge, I always think it tastes awful without any on.

Have you tried a bit of stewed fruit instead? Don't take this the wrong way but I wouldn't want to use artificial sweetners in Ella's food :oops: :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back