Sugar

K X said:
Isn't the worms u get from undercooked pork etc tape worms? They are different to the sugar worms lol? :rotfl:

Haha!

You can get worms from all sorts of places. I bet the most common is of other people's hands...ie kids with itchy bums :puke:

You can get tapeworms from undercooked pork and fish etc. and you can get worms from your cat or dog.

Worms worms everywhere!!

When my OH is constantly hungry (as most men are) I sing to him like Live Aid: "FEEEEEED THE WOOOOOOORMS"

Emma C said:
Katie has lots of yogurts too, but I put "Canderal" in her porridge, I always think it tastes awful without any on.

I use some pureed fruit or mashed banana. I think sometimes artificial sweetners can be just as bad as sugar...they are just chemicals basically.

urchin said:
K X said:
Isn't the worms u get from undercooked pork etc tape worms? They are different to the sugar worms lol? :rotfl:

Haha!

You can get worms from all sorts of places. I bet the most common is of other people's hands...ie kids with itchy bums :puke:

You can get tapeworms from undercooked pork and fish etc. and you can get worms from your cat or dog.

Worms worms everywhere!!

When my OH is constantly hungry (as most men are) I sing to him like Live Aid: "FEEEEEED THE WOOOOOOORMS"

My mum used to let the dogs eat off our plates when we were young and had leftovers (she stopped years ago thank god!). We used to get worms :wall: and I know that's why :puke: Horrible little wigglers, and we had to take that minging medicine mixed with milk to kill them

urchin said:
K X said:

Haha!

Worms worms everywhere!!

am itching now STOP IT!!!!!!!

I use pureed fruit in seren's ready brek, she loves it :D

:cheer: im not the only one to have had worms before!!!!!!

it was horrid. my poor bum killed :rotfl:

mum was changing al the bedding and going mad cause i had slept in her bed and gave them to her and my dad :lol:

Hmmmm, never thought of using fruit in her porridge but think I will give it a go, thank you for the advice though.

Come to think about it even more it's another way of getting Katie to eat fresh fruit.

I know I could mash a banana up but how can I use other fruit in porridge?? your tips would be appreciated. Not too sure on how to stew fruit.

Em xx

I use the puree'd fruit you can buy in pots from the supermarket. I use oraganix ones.
I think to stew fruit you just simmer it in a little water till it's mushed up? That's problably what I'd do :lol:

I usually buy Fruitapura or organix pots when they are on offer in Tesco....8 pots for 2 quid is a bargain!!

Here's a link

I cheat lol!
i use tinned fruit, ie pears, apricots, peach etc in apple juice etc, and whizz'em up in the blender and then freeze!
I buy rasps fresh though, and just wash them and whizz'em up, then freeze too. I put fruit in yoghurts and cereal, and custard, or just have them mixed for pudding

urchin said:
I think in moderation sugar is fine, but be wary of giving too much. I give Brody the reduced sugar rusks, but the old normal rusk isn't gonna hurt Harley don't worry :)

so one normal rusk every day aint a problem?

dionne said:
urchin said:
I think in moderation sugar is fine, but be wary of giving too much. I give Brody the reduced sugar rusks, but the old normal rusk isn't gonna hurt Harley don't worry :)

so one normal rusk every day aint a problem?

It's a personal choice Dionne. Just when I read that the normal ones have as much sugar as a doughnut I thought that was quite shocking, can you imagine him sat there sucking on a jammy doughnut? :rotfl:

Kina said:
, can you imagine him sat there sucking on a jammy doughnut? :rotfl:
yes he would love it :rotfl:

:( hope my dumpling dont keep putting the weight on like he is.

i cant keep up with him. surly this cant be healthy now? HV aint concerned though??

hes 4months 2weeks old he was 5 weeks prem born weighing 6lb now weighs 20lb.

He does have a lot of rusks from what you've said in the past he has 2 for tea doesn't he? I guess that's probably why he's putting on weight quite fast. Maybe you could try giving him something different at night? When he starts moving around he will probably slow down in the weight gain anyhoo, Ella certainly has. Can't believe he weighs the same as her!!

Kina said:
He does have a lot of rusks from what you've said in the past he has 2 for tea doesn't he? I guess that's probably why he's putting on weight quite fast. Maybe you could try giving him something different at night? When he starts moving around he will probably slow down in the weight gain anyhoo, Ella certainly has. Can't believe he weighs the same as her!!

for the past 2 weeks hes been having about 1 rusk a day mushed with fruit? as one rusk alone dont fill him, but even when i wasnt weaning him he was putting it on like this...
hope he aint got a problem :? Dior was dinky at his age i cant believe my toddler is only 4lbz heavier. but then its easy as they are both in 4+ nappies

this is what he eats

9oz at 9am
9oz at 12pm
9oz at 3pm
2 rusks.. or 1 rusk with half banana... or porrige at 6pm
9oz 8pm

She does a lot in the day though and doesn't have as much milk. Ella's weight gain has slowed since she started moving and stopped having as many feeds in the day.
I know that your docs aren't that great (I guess from your posts) but maybe you should just ask them? I've found that HVs are as much use as a choc teapot when it comes to advice, if I'd just listened to them then we'd never have gotten Ella's torticollis sorted out.

Some babies are big gainers anyway, there is a little boy that goes to my baby group that's always been bigger than the rest of them. Now he's looking more in proportion to the others though :)

Dionne have you tried the reduced sugar rusks?

I used to give Brody breakfast cereal out of a packet, eg Oats and Apple for babies, to be honest that probably had a lot of sugar in :oops:

If you are worried about his weight then cutting down on sugar should help.
What about pureed fruit mixed with baby rice or something....that is sweet too but not as sweet as rusks.

Saying that I'd consider switching to savory as if he does have a sweet tooth you don't want him thinking all food is sweet, otherwise you mihgt have a job getting him to eat savory later.

I'd maybe switch to pureed carrot or something?

urchin said:
Saying that I'd consider switching to savory as if he does have a sweet tooth you don't want him thinking all food is sweet, otherwise you mihgt have a job getting him to eat savory later.

I'd maybe switch to pureed carrot or something?

its happened already :x

i tryed him with chicken and carrot he was heaving all through it :roll:

mght just have to be a bit more tough now before he gets stuck in his ways

we had a lecture here at work regarding sugar and apparently in some countries they keep the sugar next to the poison and is used as poison.

they did an experiement of children living in the rain forest, where years ago they lived and ate by the land and had perfect teeth. then 3 generations later they were introduced to macdonalds, sweets etc and now their children have teeth in poor condition like our children.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back