Sugar

dionne said:
urchin said:
Saying that I'd consider switching to savory as if he does have a sweet tooth you don't want him thinking all food is sweet, otherwise you mihgt have a job getting him to eat savory later.

I'd maybe switch to pureed carrot or something?

its happened already :x

i tryed him with chicken and carrot he was heaving all through it :roll:

mght just have to be a bit more tough now before he gets stuck in his ways

Oh no!
I'd get him onto pureed carrot asap as that's a little bit sweet, but savory at the same time.

Dionne why don't you try him with a baked sweet potato?

Kina said:
Dionne why don't you try him with a baked sweet potato?

:oops: cause iv never heard of it, i no you's posted a pic of them before but i wouldnt no where to get them or what to do with it. i asked kris hes never heard of it neither has my mum so it cant be that popular round her hopefully not just me being thick :lol:

im sure tesco would sell them??? but aint got a clue what im looking for :oops:

Tescos will definately sell them, it's really really ugly! They're pretty cheap aswell.

Just pop it in the oven for a while (how long depends on how big it is, just keep stabbing it to see if it's done wont take too long), the skin will come off so easy when you take it out and mush down the flesh with a spoon. It's really soft and easy to do. Ella lurves them, in fact I spoon fed her a whole one last night.

2049-tb-sweet_potato.gif

Dionne,

You can defo get these in Tesco, I peel them like I would with a normal potato and boil until cooked then mash-up, you might be better off baking it though not sure if my way takes and of the nutrients out!!!

I had never heard of them until I had Katie or Butternut Squash these are quite sweet aswell. The HV told me if you feed your baby too much it can turn there skin oranage, should try it myself save myself some money instead of going on sunbeds :rotfl: :rotfl: I had visions of Katie looking like an "umpalumpa" (or whatever they are called off the Chocolate Factory).

sweet potato is fab (and so yummy) as is butternut squash. If Harley doesn't take to carrot mix it with apple. Sami gave me that tip and it works.

ok another silly question, where abouts will they be? by the potatos?

i no how to bake a potato so is it just the same stab it bake it, peel skin of and what ever is left mush it up?
sounds easy anough??? il defo try it, im going shopping tomorrow night!

can you microwave aswel as bake?

as i some times do jacket spuds in the microwave.

Yes they will be somewhere near the potatoes...although maybe not right next to them though. My tescos only ever has one box of them out, so you might have to ask.

You can microwave them...you can do anything with them you'd do with a normal potato :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back