Baked Beans

Urchin

Reaction score
Hey all

I have always bought the low salt/sugar baked beans, but obviously they do still have some salt in.
I checked and they have 0.7g of salt per 1/2 can.

Has anyone else given their little one baked beans yet?

Not yet, I'm terrified of giving him things like that because of salt content, and I don;t know if he'd get too much of it. I am pretty ruybbish when it comes to thinking up dinners now :roll: He has packet stuff as it stays down better, but there are about 3 dinners and 3 puddings in the 7month section

What were you gonna give him baked beans with?

Sami said:

Maybe cheesy mash or something....I hadn't thought that bit out yet.

Beans are really good for you but I'm not sure about the salt thing yet, I can't rememebr when I gave Mason beans for the first time.

Rubie has special baby baked beans by heinz, they are pureed and not salty :D

Lydia has baked beans...she had some with sausages for dinner tonight actually.
I mean she doesn't have it ALL the time, but maybe a couple of times a week. She loves them.

urchin said:
Sami said:

Maybe cheesy mash or something....I hadn't thought that bit out yet.

Beans are really good for you but I'm not sure about the salt thing yet, I can't rememebr when I gave Mason beans for the first time.

Cheesy mash sounds good hun :D

Kim said:
Rubie has special baby baked beans by heinz, they are pureed and not salty :D

every body keeps finding good things like this someone sed about baby gravy the other week but i cant find any of that kind of stuff

I've given Reece beans before, he loves them. I only give him them when he's had nothing else with salt in that day. Like veg and taties. :D

Not tried Ella with beans yet - but now I know they do a lo salt version then I will try her out with them. I think they'll be good for her to try and chew :)

I think next time I go shopping I'll make sure the ones I already buy have the lowest salt then I'll try him with them.

Is it the sauce that has the salt or the actual bean? If they were washed off would they be less salty?

would you mash up the beans? Couldnt they choke on them coz they are quite small to be chewed?
here we go again little miss paranoid about choking :oops:

beans and cheesy mash sounds good though, Im starting to give Ella what we have for tea, dont do the ice cubes anymore becuase she eats more now Id need loads of ice cubes lol.,

would you mash up the beans? Couldnt they choke on them coz they are quite small to be chewed?
here we go again little miss paranoid about choking

You're not paranoid at all :) I wouldn't mash them for Ella (my E) as she's pretty good with lumps and it would be something else for her to try and chew. But if she hadn't had lumps yet I'd mash them :)

I'd roughly mash them, so they were still lumpy but not too round.

I suppose actually it depends on who cooks them - as when DH does them they're like bullets for some reason!! :rotfl:

I think Id do that too Urchin, becuase she is good with some lumps, but I think I whole bean would be too big for her.

I got her some organix crisps and she shoves the whole thing in her mouth sucks it and swallows it so she manages that ok. Im just always wary with new things! Was with the crisps at first but then saw she was fine with them!

Hi

Never given Kiara any yet but thats just cuz we have none at the moment maybe ill try it?
I would say if you feel comfortable trying it then just do it.
Katrina

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back