suffering with heartburn):

katie05

Reaction score
Well i thought id maybe escaped it but no, ive had the most awful heartburn this week. So bad last night that i was sick because of the bile taste :puke: I had it with my first but only in the 1st few weeks of the pregnancy.
Anyone else experiencing this? :(

They say if you suffer with heartburn then the baby has hair. I had heartburn and Summer was born with lots of hair :lol:

hiya

i had really bad heartburn with both boys and i drank bottes of gavison, i have it this time and can't use gaviscon this time makes me sick.

even water gives me heartburn,

i agree with what vickyleigh said if you have heartburn baby has hair both of my boys had loads of hair, oliver even had it down his back he looked like a little monkey.

bobs xxxx

Vickyleigh said:
They say if you suffer with heartburn then the baby has hair. I had heartburn and Summer was born with lots of hair :lol:

I had really bad heartburn and Dan was born with hair...I can almost comb a parting in it :lol:

Gaviscon worked wonders for me :wink:

I have had it since week 8 and my OH was born covered in hair.... maybe LO is going to be one hairy baby!!

J
XX

was awake for hours with it last night, had to drink loads of milk, got to sleep around 2:30am and had to sleep sitting up :cry:

None yet but I was thinking about how I might have it pretty soon. I was bald for longer than normal... one of those tall babies that can walk but has pretty much no hair, so maybe my baby will be like that, too. :] By the way, I have TONS of hair now. Too much. Anyone want any?

You can get gaviscon free on prescription...

I only got heartburn from about 34 weeks and it seems to have mostly gone now so I don't think I am having a hairy baby!

When I was born I had furry ears but no hair on my head! :rotfl:

I have this everynight and iys not nice at all, i now dont take the spoon to bed with me and just gulp the gaviscon from the bottle.
What i have been doing is having the gavison after meals and then it isn't so bad at night.

I had this with my son all the way through, but sorry he was born with very little hair.

I've had it but only very mild and only at night times. Luckily it's not got that bad that I've had to take anything for it yet so I'm hoping it stays like that...

inforabumpyride said:
When I was born I had furry ears :rotfl:

So did Summer :rotfl:
In this baby book I've got for Summer it say's things that make me special and I put 'my hairy ears' :rotfl:

She had a hairy back as well but both hairy ears and back went within a few weeks.

Doctor gave me a prescription for Maalox and it has been my lifesaver! I ended up having to go back to my doctor last week for more so she put it on repeat prescription for me.
Gaviscon didn't work for me and neither did Rennies. It is just about what works with your body.

ah u poor thing, i had it really bad a couple of weeks ago but now i only get it at night time.. its just one of them things.. one of my mates had it as soon as she ate anything and her baby had loads of hair. meant to be a sign of a hairy baby..

I have been suffering from heartburn since about 6 weeks pregnant.

My Dr now gives me 2 bottles of gaviscon each time on prescription.

The only other thing that works for me is sparkling water.

Everyone keeps telling me that heartburn = a hairy baby so I started a thread in "Ask a Mum" to find out whether its just an old wives tale or whether there might actually be some truth in it. Heres the thread so you can have a read................................seems like there might be some truth in it :D

Doesnt bother me, I love to see a baby with hair (good job eh)?

http://www.pregnancyforum.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=65050&highlight=hairy+baby+heartburn

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back