heartburn :(

youngmummy22

Reaction score
Is anyone else suffering with heartburn? Ate 2sausage rolls this morning suffered all day and night,time to stock up on rennies I think :)

I get horrendous heartburn but have a thing about taking gaviscon or rennies :(. So far I am managing on milk but after researching it apparently milk makes it worse?

Yep been suffering badly on and off, very bad at nite too :-(

Thats what I thought when I read it but its the only thing Ive been able to take and has really helped me through! It just listed dairy products though so I presumed milk was being classed as that.

I live off gaviscon at the moment as the heartburn has been on and off terrible for weeks now. I find the gaviscon advanced prescribed by the MW the best!!

yeah gaviscon from the docs is best. when not pg the give me omaprezole tablets for my acid reflux and now im pg i cant have them so have bouts of bad acid attack. milk helps, as does yoghurt. sometimes eating things like bread or scones helps absorb the acid. rennie mints are good too.
most dairy (cheese etc) will make it worse cos of the fat content but milk is a natural acid nutraliser so it does help

Ive been getting this too usually at stupid o'clock!!

Milk works for me :D xx

I swore by Gaviscon in my last pregnancy and will have it again in this one too. I've been getting heartburn for the last 4 days now so I know that's it now for the rest of my pregnancy. I had it bad with Thomas as well so expect the same with this one. xx

Hope u manage to find a solution ladies only had it once or twice but must be awful to keep getting it x

Ladies...I suffer from acid reflux pregnant or not pregnant.No medication works for me so I am getting an operation to tighten the muscle in the stomach that stops the acid escaping after I have this bubs..May I suggest peptac.Its better than gaviscon as it thicker and seems to coat the oesophagus better.Stay away from fatty foods especially pastry tempting as they are!Sparkling mineral water flavoured with diluting blackcurrant or similar seems to help a bit.

Heartburn sucks! I dont see to have it that bad this time round! Last time i was a bottle of gaviscon a week girl, just used to swig it straight from the bottle ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back