sucking hands?

Jadie

Reaction score
hello girls,

does it mean oliver is hungry still if he starts sucking his hands after a feed?

he has been doing since yesturday!

i am still not sure how to bf him correctly, but he is putting weight on! lots!!

how long do i keep him on the same boob for?

if he has a long break do i put him on the boob we just used or the other one?

jadie!

First of all, he is putting on weight. To me that says you know how to breastfeed :D :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

It could be that he is a very sucky baby. Seren constantly had her hands in her mouth, she still does if it isn't a toy or her clothes in their instead. It can be a sign of hunger but it could also be a comfort thing. If he has come of the boob himself or has fallen asleep then I would say it is for comfort, if Seren was still hungrey when I took her off the boob she screamed blue murder, but if she was full she would tend to suck on her hand.
I have answered the time question on your other thread, in relation to which boob it should be the other one.

hello,

thanks for your help!

i thought bf would be really easy!

i am finding it hard but will keep going!

jadie

The early weeks are the hardest. Belive me I struggled so much with no milk, sore bleeding nipples, mastitis and thrush but now I find it second nature, just latch her on and she feeds. It is the easiest thing, no sterilising, measuring, heating up so if you can keep at it. You are doing great hun xx

i jhave been researching today and i think i may have thrush, got my 6 weekcheck today so will ask them!

Hi

prob just likes to suck Kiara did taht since birth but does it even more now as she has been teething.
katrina

It sounds like teething to me. Oscar was doing the same and is now the proud owner of 2 teeth!
Get the teething gel out!! :D :D
Emilia xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back