Furiously sucking hands?

Snuggle

Reaction score
Hi all,

The last few days Maddison has been sucking on her hands like crazy and has been waking up in night which she never does. I have tried giving her more in her feed but she wont take it. Anyone have any ideas what might be wrong? :hug:

Possibly teething? My DD has done this since about 4 weeks old, but as long as she can find her fists to put in her mouth, she's happy.

Valentine Xxx

Charlotte has been sucking her fingers a lot more last few days but not waking any differently- i thought it was something they did as they discover themselveS? or like Valentine said could it be teething if she is waking?? xx

Dylan does this too - when I pick him up in the morning his hands are freezing coz he's been sucking them for ages! I wonder if he's in the early stages of teething too because he always put his fingers or my fingers to the same part of his mouth. If Dylan wakes up at night, I usually just take his hand from his mouth and pop his dummy back in. Does Maddison have a dummy? x

Maddison has a dummy but spits it out and shoves her hand in instead :roll: She has been sucking her thumb too. Maybe she has starting teething then.

Thanks everyone :hug:

My little girl started that at 11 weeks and now she has her two 'fangs' coming already. She started chewing her bottle where the teeth are trying to come through. Is showing any other signs?

Last edited:
Ryan's been doing this - and excessive dribbling - recently and I think a tooth is trying to come through. He's been uber hungry too.

Danica has been acting weirdly lately too: she has most of the syptoms you described plus very red cheeck on the left side from (I guess) constant rubbing. She has also become a bit difficult to feed: I've read in a book that if they are teetheing, sucking hurts their gums.

Sounds just like Imogen snuggle with the hand sucking, maybe try a little calpol before she goes to bed as it might calm her a little.

When shes dribbling ou know she will be teething or sure.

Thanks everyone, she has got a bit better but is dribbling and sucking on anything she can get her hands on. Calpol seems to sort her out a bit :hug:

Hi mrs_tommo :wave: Hope you are well and looking forward to Xmas :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back