stupid question...

x.Lilly.x

Reaction score
How do you know when your babys hungry and long do newborns normally go between feeds (i plan to breastfeeed).
that probobly sounds stupid but i know they cry but do you just have to go through eevrything and see if its feed/bum change etc? x

I got told you have to demand feed! Charley got himself into a 3 hour routine which is the same times everyday although he is bottle fed!

im breastfeedimg as soon as tegan cries i offer boob if she doesnt want it i go threw everything else. i feed on demand its usualy every 3-4 hours x

im breastfeedimg as soon as tegan cries i offer boob if she doesnt want it i go threw everything else. i feed on demand its usualy every 3-4 hours x

Snap x

I always used to offer a feed if he was crying first. Most of the time in the early days if theyre crying theyre hungry. Morgan never cries when he fills his nappy though, except when I take it off! Dirty boy!

After a while you start to recognise their cry, it sounds impossible before you have a baby but you really do. I know immediately if Morgan is unwell/in pain/ bored/ windy/ hungry just from his cry even if Im not in the room.

Definately demand feed. When Morgans made progress with sleeping longer at night hes always fed LOADS in the afternoon, unbeleiveable amounts sometimes but because we are demand feeding I just go with it and he sleeps. If we were on a strict feeding routine I dont think he would be sleeping as well if that makes sense.

PS there are no stupid question when it comes to parenting!

Last edited:
definitely go with on-demand, you quickly get to know when your LO is hungry, and according to my midwife anyway, it helps them gain weight quicker. Looking at Cahal you'd think this was true - he's already more than double his birth weight of 7lb 11oz :)

Last edited:
Thanks everyone!
its funny how we forget the simpliest of things isnt it lol x

I know my newborn is hungry because he sucks his hands and opens his mouth and kind of searches for food. He goes evey four hours now. But I guess it is a case of going through the motions of is it wind? nappy change? hunger or Ive noticed my LO cries when hes tired too! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back