BF milk supply question

Lulabell

Reaction score
I posted about having to wake my boy for a feed during the night. The general consensus seemed to be not to wake him and just leave him to let me know if he is hungry. But what im concerned about is will my breast milk supply still be ok if he doesn't wake for a feed during the night? sorry for the stupid questions. I plan to leave my boy to sleep tonight to see if he wakes me for a feed. Also, if I choose to express, how long does breast milk keep for in the fridge? I've heard it can be frozen too. How long can it be stored in the freezer? Thanks in advance!xx

I can't help on the milk supply but with regards to expressing you can freeze your milk for 6 months and store it in the back of the fridge for up to 5 days hope that helps for now xx

It'll be fine and even if he does start to want a night feed during growth spurts your boobs will catch up. I carried on feeding until Isla was 14 months old and she stopped having regular night feeds at 6 months x

Sent from my beautiful iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

It shouldn't affect your supply although you will probably leak a bit. I have friends who bf for 18 months and stopped night feeding at various points - one as early as ten days. Many of them never expressed and their supply wasn't affected. Your body will adjust. X

You're supply will be fine I'd have thought. Your body adjusts to LOs routine all the time. So if he decide to feed more your body will produce more and vice versa. As long as you are continually breastfeeding all should be well.
xxx

Lily has slept thru from 4 weeks so my body has adjusted to that.. I leaked a small bit at first but it don't take long for it to settle down.. I'm very full every morning so she gets a very good feed in the morning when she's the most hungry.. Sometimes she can't empty the last breast there's so much lol! Don't worry about it babe let him sleep thru and he will let u know if he's hungry :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back