Cold Water Steralising Question...

Zoeox

Reaction score
We are going to Germany in three weeks, but I don't plan on taking our steraliser as it is a bit too chunky to fit in, thought about cold water steralising, can anyone recommend this and what will I have to buy etc?? We have bottle brushes but what else do I need and how do you cold water steralise. I know I might sound stupid but want to know that it will be done right. xx

A bowl/bucket to put cold water in, sterilising tablets (like Milton), tongs.

Fill the bowl/bucket up with cold water, put tablet in, make sure it dissolves, put in all your items, make sure they are all covered up with water and there's no trapped air, leave for 30mins (check the instructions on tablets), use tongs to take everything out....job done!

It's really easy and just done like said above :) xx

yup so easy, I took the small tommie tippee microwave sterilizing tub, to hosp for my expressing stuff on my hosp table- it would go in your suitcase too, and has a small lid. (It came with the manual pump and the electric pump, but any plastic tub would do. Tesco do cheep tablets in the baby section and 30 mins and all sorted

Have you got access to a microwave? If so lindam do these great sterilising bags. Three bags for £5 and each bag can be used 20 times. They are brilliant fir holidays. Jojo maman sell them.

Just the tub and the tablets, make sure you mark out the line to fill the water to before you go. You could pack clothes in the the tub for the journey to save space.

Not sure if we will have a microwave, Thanks for all the advice ladies, nice and simple to do then... Will go buy some steralising things soon as we go in Three weeks.x x

You can leave the bottles in for up to 24 hours too so you don't have to take them out all in one go just as you need them

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back