So down about my body

My o/h wouldn't be shy with me either. He's into his fitness too (usually) and any weight gain on my part does not go unnoticed :roll:

Right ladies, I weighed myself yesterday and it was not pretty. Fecking horrendous if I'm honest. I'd put on weight before I was pregnant so was too heavy and since then I've put on just over 2st.

Anyhoo, my stretchmarks underneath my bump are fricking mahoooooosive now. And not pretty. BUT I think I'm going to post a pic to make you all feel better lol.

I know it sucks, and isn't pretty. And also I know I'm going to have a day in a day/week/month or 2, where it makes me cry no doubt, because lets face it, it's pants. BUT today I'm going with positivity. Lol. We'd all rather be here with awful stretchmarks than back in ttc/without our lo's on board.

So, wait for it. I'll post and you can sigh a relief! Lol. I'm doing this for the team remember!

Hopefully, stretchmarks :pray: will fade, and with a bit of effort (ok mammoth on my part), we can lose the baby (and extra on my part again) weight in the new year :)
xx

Lol you know when you can't see something properly until you take a photo. They are HORRENDOUS. Top only one in-between old piercing thank god so far (and a spot :roll:).

Hope this makes someone feel better. It doesn't make me lol.

It's weird because I can't see them, but know they're there thanks to mirrors when naked :roll:

X

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1322504952.753998.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1322504952.753998.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 20
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1322504974.320730.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1322504974.320730.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
I feel exactly the same.
When 30 weeks hit, BAM came the stretchmarks on my hips :(
I'm absolutely gutted. I know they fade because the one's on my legs from dancing in college did, but that took a while if I'm honest.. and the skin has never been 100% great since because of the scarring it left.

I was always very sexy but I'm finding it hard to be at the moment, It was okay until I hit 30 weeks where I just blew up! Feel quite self concious around my OH now too, I very rarely go to bed naked/in underwear.
He still calls me beautiful though, and always puts a smile on my face :)

I just can't wait to be slim again! I think I can handle the stretchmarks on my hips (although they are in such a visible place. It wouldn't be so bad if they were hidden between my legs or something), I just hope I can bring sexy back! xxx

laura, well done for taking one for the team lol! well mine are like yours but run a lot higher up, i wish i couldn't see them :roll:

u are right though - when we were ttc this was the furthest thing from our minds and i'm so happy to be in the position i am in right now :love: xxx

Way of subject but I have those next jeans olive... In fact I'm wearing them... Marks can't be that bad as I noticed the belt first! X

Lol you know when you can't see something properly until you take a photo. They are HORRENDOUS. Top only one in-between old piercing thank god so far (and a spot :roll:).

Hope this makes someone feel better. It doesn't make me lol.

It's weird because I can't see them, but know they're there thanks to mirrors when naked :roll:

X

Omg olive r bumps r identical e en the stretch marks x

Thanks ladies :hug:

Lol Kerry. Love the jeans - so comfy. Although I had to undo the button tonight!

I was saying to OH, you don't notice (well I don't) how bad they are until you take a photo at that angle!!

xx

Thanks ladies :hug:

Lol Kerry. Love the jeans - so comfy. Although I had to undo the button tonight!

I was saying to OH, you don't notice (well I don't) how bad they are until you take a photo at that angle!!

xx

The one that got me was my boobs. I've always had the clear ones from puberty (can't remember if they go red then...?) when I lived in our old flat our floor length mirror was in the hall and we only had a little one in the bath room so I didn't see myself naked at all. OH and I went to stay in a hotel. In the morning I got out the shower and there was a mahoosive mirror across one wall. I had a peak as I was drying and couldn't believe that UNDER my boobs was covered in Red lines! They've started to fade already so keep up the cocoa buttering!

Go Olive for taking one for the team!!!!! :)

Mine are under my bump at the mo too, can't be seen by just looking down - although they are creeping further and further upwards, a few have reached my belly button now.

Was very tempted to weigh myself yesterday but don't think i'm going to bother as i'm really not in the right frame of mind to accept any major gains at the mo'!! I've pretty much tried to eat healthily, as normal, throughout the pregnancy and exercised quite a bit in the early stages but as i haven't been doing much over the last few months i've surely put quite a bit on. I've definitely gone more flabby!!! I notice it most under my chin!!!!! MW says that is normal and it's water retention/swelling - who's she trying to kid!!!! lol

xxx

understand how u feel, i was always complimented for having a flat stomach which i know will be gone forever especially with having a c setion leaves u with a bit of hangover. OMG the stretchmarks too :( think its normal to feel like this but cant help but be down sometimes about it xx

understand how u feel, i was always complimented for having a flat stomach which i know will be gone forever especially with having a c setion leaves u with a bit of hangover. OMG the stretchmarks too :( think its normal to feel like this but cant help but be down sometimes about it xx

My mums 2nd C Section, the doctor looked at her scar from 14 or so years perviously (from me) was appalled so cut it out and gave her a better one, after her 3rd C Section they gave her a mini tummy tuck! So not all that bad :)

Many tears were shed over the subject of tummies the other day. My OH was looking at holiday pictures, showed me the first one, and I promptly flipped.

Attachments

• IMG_4379.jpg
    IMG_4379.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 5
  • 2011-11-25 09.51.57.jpg
    2011-11-25 09.51.57.jpg
    220.6 KB · Views: 4
I actually love my bump and I'm going to miss it! I just wish it were easier to dress iykwim?

I would love my bump a lot more if I didn't have suspicions it'll look a wreck after the baby comes :S

Yeah, i'm going on a strict diet and exercise regime in January. Getting a Vibrogym thingy for xmas so am hoping that will help tone things up again. I'm just worried about feeling that exausted that i wont find the energy/time to do it!

Dee, a word of warning, dont go on your vibrogym until your completely healed (stitches). My OH got me one after my DS last year because i complained my belly was wobbly still (2 week after birth) dont know what i was thinking my belly was going to look like, maybe i was hoping it would go straight back the same as it did 17 years ago after my first DS LOL.
I turned it on to the most gentle setting and my OH had to peel me from the ceiling the pain was that bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back