Stretch Mark Treatments

dani7919

Reaction score
:wave:

Really want to avoid getting stretch marks during pregnancy so do any of you have any recommendations for creams or oils? There's so many on the market but of course I want one that WORKS! Ha ha.

Heard Derma Mum cream and Bio Oil are both good.

Not sure if it will stop stretch marks... but i suppose you can try your hardest to try and avoid them!!

I use palmers cocco butter for stretch marks.. leaves my skin lovely and soft!!! i never got any stretch marks with my 1st but im pretty certain that i will get them this time!!! :( xx

I suppose if you're gonna get em you're gonna get em, but I will still try my darnest to avoid them. he he ;)

im still going to cover myself in cream aswell... if there is just a slight chance it might work... im doing it!! but if i get them, then i get them.. not a massive deal, it will just be my baby badge!

From what I understand a lot depends on your skin, but the simple rule is - moisturise and moisturise every day. Some girls use expensive creams and still get them and some use just moisturisers and dont get them.

I got myself Derma Mum, will see how it goes

I used expensive oils through my first pregnancy didn't get them, used body butter during my 2nd, got them 2 weeks before I had him. Tbh there isn't alot you can do, I'm a beauty therapist so prob shouldn't say that cos i'm meant to sell these things at work but my biggest advise is to drink plenty of water so your skin stays hydrated!

skysara.. not sure when they are ment to come.. im sure it different for everyone, but your 32 weeks now, so if you havent got them now, then i would doubt you geting any... you might get a few towards the last few weeks as i think thats when you really ballon!!! i didnt have any by 32 weeks, but then again i gave birth at 33+4 so sisnt get the last stage! xx

Just went for Bio Oil and my aim is to use it twice a day, plus up my water intake.

Bio Oil is only £10.19 from Amazon with free delivery for a 200ml bottle (it's over £20 in Boots and Superdrug). Also bought some more Pregnacare Plus from Amazon which were £7.99 per pack. Bargain!

skysara I think it depends on your genes if you're going to get them.

My sister is only a size 6 and used creams throughout her pregnancy. She stopped using them when she was due and she didn't have a single stretch mark but then got some during the 2 weeks past her due date.

I'm using palmers coco butter as well, feels nice on my skin, i like the smell too. I've pretty much told myself i 'could' get them, but i am going to try to avoid getting them as much as possible! x

defo try avoid them , I didnt get any until the last few weeks I used bio oil and palmers coca butter . but got lazy around tri three , so maybe that's why I got them ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back