Stressed about speech!!!

Beckyb1991

Reaction score
Hi ladies ...
Really stressed , my little girl who is 14 months on Monday has always been quite advanced for her age. By 8 months she was saying 6 words and 10 months 11 words ( mamma dada grandad Nana buddy dog cat no hiya byebye ta ). She took her first steps at 10.5 months and started fully walking by 11 months but seemed to stop talking around 11.5 months. She now only says mama ,dada , nana and just screams. I talk to her all the time and point to things and tell her what they are and she pays no attention. I've tried flashcards but she pays no attention. She doesn't ever listen and won't listen to simple commands like come here or come to mummy or show mummy. She's completely changed. I feel terrible like I'm doing something wrong. Help! Xx

At 14 months old I really wouldn't worry! She'll start talking when she's ready. My 17 month old can only say a few words and follow commands when she wants too!! X

I'm not stressed about her gaining speech but I'm worried about the words she's stopped using. When doesn't use them at all xxx

It will come back. For 14m it sounds like she's been doing really well, her brain is probably just occupied with other things. My lo is just under 14m, she walked at 11m and with motor skills is advanced but speech wise she says dada, dog, Dan (one of our dogs), nana, juice and milk.

I'm not too worried yet as I know she is learning so much atm

Edited to add my daughter screams a lot. Whether happy/angry/upset/excited she has a very high pitched scream

Last edited:
Does she have a dummy? Me and a friend both have 18 month olds who were addicted to their dummies but we both suspected it might be holding them back from talking. She took her son's away and within a week he was saying all sorts. So I did the same this week and there has definitely been a marked improvement and some new words x

It will come back. For 14m it sounds like she's been doing really well, her brain is probably just occupied with other things. My lo is just under 14m, she walked at 11m and with motor skills is advanced but speech wise she says dada, dog, Dan (one of our dogs), nana, juice and milk.

I'm not too worried yet as I know she is learning so much atm

Edited to add my daughter screams a lot. Whether happy/angry/upset/excited she has a very high pitched scream

Thanks hun you've put my mind at rest xxx

Does she have a dummy? Me and a friend both have 18 month olds who were addicted to their dummies but we both suspected it might be holding them back from talking. She took her son's away and within a week he was saying all sorts. So I did the same this week and there has definitely been a marked improvement and some new words x

She has a dummy during the night occasionally of she can't settle but not every night and never in the day xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back