Speech/First words

poppy160

Reaction score
Is it abnormal that Ella hasn't said her proper first word yet..? She's said Mama a few times before but I'm thinking she didn't know what it meant because she hasn't said it since. OH said he thought he heard her say Dada before but again, nothing since. She's a bit of a funny one, in that she babbles loads and copies sounds, but if I say 'Ella say Mama?' she will look at me strangely, her mouth will mime it but no sound comes out! She knows who we are, if we say 'Where's Mama?' or 'Where's Dada?' she will look at us.

She's quite intelligant (Well, in my opinion she is! Lol), for example this week she's learned to give kisses if you ask, and she picks her phone up off of her walker, hold it to her ear and babbles into it. And she points to all the sensory bits in her touchy feely books. She understands 'Clap' and has done since she was very young. Is she just slow in that part of her development?

Hey hun :wave:

I am sure she is fine, she may just be a late talker hun. And one day she will probably just start saying words and then wont stop :lol:
One thing i did wonder was maybe her hearing but if she understands you talking to her then maybe not.

Will try and catch you on MSN soon matey :) i keep missing you

Ky started babbling dadada when he was 6months but i dont think he understood the meaning until he was about 8months when he would reach for either me or OH babbling dada or muuumuum. He says 'uh oh' when he drops something (usually says it before he guna throw his food or cup off his hightchair :roll: ) And he say ta when he wants something or you give him something. Thats his only real words. he makes certain sounds and noises for certain things like when he sees iggle piggle or pictures in his book. Or he points and babbles if he wants something.

Hes been able to blow kisses, clap, put his hands in the air and shout yaaaaay, do twinkle twinke little star actions since about 7months.

dont think hes learnt anything new recently :think: he must be on a break :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back