Stopping smoking on Jan 1st - who's joining me?

Well I've had a lozenge and I'm quite surprised that they don't taste like crap and it has helped! You have to let it dissolve in your mouth, it takes about 30 mins to disappear. I got the sainsburys own make ones because they were about £5 cheaper than the branded ones and the ingredients were the same.

I'm avoiding using the phone tonight because thats when i smoke the most, i take the phone outside with me and chain smoke while I'm on it :puke:. hey my phone bill might reduce too lol.

Wooohooooooo! One full day over!
I didn't sleep a wink last night, I just kept rolling over and looking at the clock. Im not sure if it was because I wanted a fag or if its just a general side effect of stopping smoking and using the lozenges.
Either way when i woke up this morning i didnt have a mouth that tasted like fags! Even though i brush my teeth before bed my mouth always tastes like cigarettes when i wake up :puke: I'll not miss that!!!

So far so good! I havent used any lozenges today either :)

I've just sen this thread. I wanted to say good luck to Melanie and anyone else giving up smoking this New Year! You can do it!

I gave up smoking properly 10-20 a day nearly eight years ago now after my 21st - I did have a few lapses and a couple of fags here and there but the last one was about three and a half years ago now.

Valentine Xxx

Thanks V!
Im dreading Monday, Richard flies to Estonia for a week and i know i'll find it extra hard not to smoke then!

Keep going girls, it gets better and you'll notice the cravings becoming less and less :)

I loved smoking so if I can give up anyone can, you just have to be strong and determined. I'm finding dieting harder than quitting the fags tbh :(

Keep it up!!! :clap:

Ewwwwwww this morning when i woke up my mouth tasted like an ashtray and i havent cheated i honestly havent had a cig since 11.30pm new years eve. Im also coughing alot. Im asuming this is the crap starting to leave my body? Did anyone else have this too?
I am determined to quit so i keep telling myself i need to carry on because if i cheat and buy some then im only going to have to start again. Plus i only smoked outside and now i dont have to go and stand in the freezing cold :cheer:
Lou what was the biggest hurdle for you to get over?

good luck melanie, sounds like ur doin really well :cheer: :cheer: urgh at ashtray mouth tho lol :puke: :lol:

Melanie said:
Ewwwwwww this morning when i woke up my mouth tasted like an ashtray and i havent cheated i honestly havent had a cig since 11.30pm new years eve. Im also coughing alot. Im asuming this is the crap starting to leave my body? Did anyone else have this too?
I am determined to quit so i keep telling myself i need to carry on because if i cheat and buy some then im only going to have to start again. Plus i only smoked outside and now i dont have to go and stand in the freezing cold :cheer:
Lou what was the biggest hurdle for you to get over?

Well I was lucky because a week after quitting I got my BFP with Isaac so from then on it was not even an option to smoke again, so I suppose for the week that I stopped before the BFP it was the cravings after meals that I found hard. I sipped water and took deep breaths till the craving passed.

Thanks Kay :)
Things have been good so far today. I even had a stressful shopping trip (Matalan in Bradford, fooking nightmare but i did get a nice wool coat lol) and didnt cave in!!

Lou i had no problems stopping when i was expecting Thea either, i stopped the day before my BFP because i knew i was pregnant before i did the test. Having another baby seems like an extreme way to stop this time :lol: I'll try the water and deep breathes cheers Lou.

water has defo helped for me!! 3 days now cold turkey :cheer: i just keep telling myself the craving will go after 3-5 mins then somehow get through it :cheer:

Me too! :dance: :dance: :dance:

Im using patches and havnt and a cig since 10pm new years eve. Doing ok so far, though i'm finding it really hard to sleep on the patches...strange dreams...but apparantly thats normal :lol:

Want to be completely smoke free before IVF.

Good luck to everyone and stick with it!

I think too its the habit of smoking that can trick you. Every now and then when I've eaten I'll be stood at the sink washing up and I'll have a little thought pop in my head 'oo I'll have a fag when I've done this' Then I remember I don't smoke :lol: Its not a craving just memories of an old habit I suppose.

Keep going girls, every minute, hour, day counts!!!!

:)

Agree with you there Lou.

I am in work for the first time today since quitting, and it was always a habit to go outside for 5 mins for a smoke once every hour or so, depending on how busy it is. It got me away from the screen and broke the day up nicely!

Well, I have been in work since 6am and already been downstairs to make tea about 5 times.....I may well be replacing a cig addiction with a tea one (and dont my bladder know it....) :rotfl:

Im slightly worried at the moment. I've been ill for a a week now and i threw up this morning and it tasted like fags! Surely that cant be normal! It was rank :puke:

I have read that giving up can make you ill....Nicotine withdrawal I suppose?

Maybe give the NSH stop smoking hotline a call and ask them if its normal? Number is 0800 022 4 332

I phoned the quit smoking line and they were really helpful. Apparently tasting fags :puke: like that is normal, it to do with the crap coming out of your body. Lovely.

Be prepared for some major moaning this week girls. I have to drive Richard to the airport in 30mins, he's away for a week for work and i know im going to struggle with it. Its going to take all my will power not to buy some fags on the drive back home to be honest :(

Stick with it you are doing so well! the way you feel now won't last forever and once you get over this initial first few days horrible bit it will just get easier and easier. Promise :)

Lou said:
Stick with it you are doing so well! the way you feel now won't last forever and once you get over this initial first few days horrible bit it will just get easier and easier. Promise :)
Thanks Lou, i know you are right. I promise i will not buy any fags on the way home :shakehead: I know if i do i'll be undoing all the good work i've put in so far.
I think i'll just use the wii fit for longer tonight once Thea goes to bed.

Melanie said:
Lou said:
Thanks Lou, i know you are right. I promise i will not buy any fags on the way home :shakehead: I know if i do i'll be undoing all the good work i've put in so far.
I think i'll just use the wii fit for longer tonight once Thea goes to bed.

You'll hate yourself if you give in now. Be strong, you are in charge not the fags! Its only your body craving the chemicals and nicotine. If you smoke now you won't feel less stressed, probably just very sick and very very disappointed with yourself.

Get on the wii later, that'll sort you out :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back